Should I get a Unicycle?

I always try to find places without spectators to practice. So I practice alone. The only people I want around once in a while are those that can instruct me so I do it correctly.

Get the longboard - your life will never be the same again if you get the unicycle :wink:

It’s taken me a long time to realise the obvious, that riding a unicycle I’ve already marked myself out as being an individual - and actually as being somebody who is confident enough to be an individual. I guess I’ve always been pretty happy with the attention it brings and to do something most people don’t do (to some extent or another I’ve always done things most people don’t do - I’ve done things far fewer people have done than the number of people who ride unicycles). But never realised until very recently how confident it makes me feel riding a unicycle in public - now I just need to translate that confidence into the parts of my life where I really struggle with that.

Anyway:

We should post some stock videos of “normal” people riding, because even that still looks very impressive - even my tame off road riding seems to impress people a lot. I remember watching KH videos before I’d even thought about learning to ride and thinking I wouldn’t ever be able to do any of that, not even the really “easy” stuff, but now I can (just the really easy stuff, but that’s fine).

Here’s a video of a weekend I went on a couple of years ago - still a few very kickass guys on this, but lots of ordinary riders also doing impressive stuff, and most of the riding on here is achievable by an ordinary mortal.

edit: can we still not embed vimeo on here?

well, you “normal” people from the video just above look pretty impressive too!

Whoa, pretty awesome level for “normal” people indeed!
Would love to join, an event with at least 2 VW buses has to be amazing on many levels! :slight_smile:

No, you shouldn’t get a unicycle. You should get a colonoscopy.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well to be fair I did point out that a couple of them are a bit more than normal, but certainly not most of us on that.

Buy the longboard…you’ll never miss the unicycle…and let’s face it, who wants to be known as a dork…

Get one! But don’t get arrested. Jail sucks.:slight_smile:

1 Like