should i get a cup?

i just start free style uni about a week ago and i wanted to start doing jumps and jump tricks should i get a cup so i don’t fall of and feel like dieing :thinking:

i am going to get one. i don’t know if they help but i think that if i have one it will make me feel safer and try harder, more dangerous things

i am going to get one. i don’t know if they help but i think that if i have one it will make me feel safer and try harder, more dangerous things.

No - it just makes it worse.

I wear two sets of cycling shorts. That holds everything in one spot, I just make sure it’s out of the way when I start.

A cup is used to protect not keep out of the way.

But still i wouldnt bother, be too uncomfortable i would think ah do whatever you want

Yeah, but if you keep it out of the way it IS protected:D

I’d say no because you would either end up sitting on part of it or it wouldn’t be too effective.

no, if it worked other people would use them, the fact that absoloutely no-one rides wearing a cup means it probably doesn’t work. I would imagine it would be terribly uncomfortable all the time you were wearing it, as your weight would be on it at all times.

I have always heard that is a bad idea but have not heard any first person reports about why it is a bad idea. Try it and let us know.

I’ve done it. I hurts because you end up sitting on the cup rather than having it out in front of you. Also, when you turn or have a weight shift or whatever, lot of discomfort.

All I can think of is PINCH and OUCH. :astonished:

Why it’s a bad idea

I bought a cup a while ago, when I decided to learn to free mount. Cups are designed to protect standing people. It was about as comfortable as sitting on a baseball.

I also tried a jock strap, and cycle shorts. They work ok .

I tried it a while ago. Not only was it really uncomfortable, but it smashed my jewels much more often, even when it would have been a non-issue. Riding w/o any cycling shorts was even better.

Why would you want to put a hard plastic shell between your genitals and 2 inches of padding??