Should i get a Coker?

i seen the new pictures of the people who went coker riding on teh trail (sorry dont remember your names, or anything)( i like to ride, most of my friends live sorta far away, i dont drive, dont even have my “L” yet, let alone my “N” so i cant drive, so i end up using mass trasit, or my unicycle to travel most places, with my 24" its sorta slow, and with a coker it would go faster.

So are cokers a good thing to buy? how much do they cost? i could use the price in canadian dollars, last time i checked it was 65 cents american for every 1$ canadain, so… :thinking:
are the cokers in those pictures, are they the standard size wheel for a coker? are the frames usually stong? were could i get one in canada? (western so Alberta, British Colombia, would be nice,other parts if nescessary) um,…i think thats all the questions i have for now thanks for the time,.:slight_smile:

As possibly the newest Cokernut on this list (mine arrived on Thursday) I’d say buy one tomorrow! ;0) It is the most amazing device.

Mounting: after a few initial fumbles, I was soon averaging better than 1 in 2 on the flat or on downhills.

Speed: I reckon 100 rpm more or less equals 10 mph. I averaged 10 mph over 5 miles easily on my first proper ride. 15 - 20 miles in 2 hours with stops is easy.

Uphill: easier than you might think, if you can keep the momentum up.

Downhill - don’t let it run away with you. Less intimidating than I thought.

Off road: rolls over small obstacles and blasts through mud patches which would stop a 26. On the other hand, once it stops, it’s much harder to restart than a normal muni. For more or less level trails, with uneven surface but no really nasty hills, it’s amazing.

Manoeuvreability: easier to achieve than to spell. Surprisingly good.

Price: approx £240 (Sterling/GBP).

Buy one if you possibly can. :0)

Questions, questions, questions. I’m surprised Coker fans haven’t jumped all over this yet.

Well, I think I can help you! I am a Canadian who recently bought a Coker. I abolutly love it! It has made distance riding a blast, and it has also increased my visibility (both what I can see, and who can see me). Currently, I’ve been cruising rail trails in the area. Absolutly delightful, especially since my non-unicycle-able friends are able to bike with me at a decent pace.

Some quick answers:
>So are cokers a good thing to buy?
YES. See the rest.

>Are they the standard size wheel for a coker?
All Cokers have 36 inch diameter (although I’d be delighted if someone could prove me wrong).

>are the frames usually stong?
I haven’t destroyed mine yet… so I guess so. Then again, I’m a light distance rider.

Importing a Coker into Canada is a little expensive. Once we are hit with the lousy exchange rate, duty, shipping and tax (15% here), the cost increases (I think mine was around $700 Cdn). For me it was worth it. I use it frequently, and I love distance travelling with it.

As for the bus/public transit? I’m not sure if you will be able to take it on since it is rather large. The local transit system currently won’t allow bicycles of any kind (don’t ask how, but they define a unicycle as a bicycle… nits…).

I ordered mine from Braun’s, a bike shop in Kitchener, On. (www.brauns.com). They were very helpful, and have everything set up to deal with Coker Tire. I do not currently know of anyone in your area, but you may fine a bike shop that will be entertained about your order.

You might want to look into a 28" unicycle. They’ll be easier to transport than a Coker.

thanks for all the help, 700$ thats alot!, but i guess it might be worth it.

um… about the 28" , well i sorta want a coker, becuase it bigger, will keep up wiht my friends on bikes better, and i just like unicycles, it would be neat to add a coker to my small collection of unicycles. As for the bus’s the city just got new buses, and they have bike racks on the front, i wonder if the tire would fit in teh rack? ok thx agian.

As this Topic has been brought up before, I will not drag it out, however, I will put in my two cents.
GET A COKER
They are great. And thats all i have to say about that.
-David Kaplan

Re: Should i get a Coker?

Yeah.

Re: reply

I have seen one for $300 (U.S.).

Ben

> > thanks for all the help, 700$ that’s a lot!, but i guess it might be
> > worth it.

>
> I have seen one for $300 (U.S.).

Sure, at unicycle.com or Coker.com, IN THE US. In 3rd world countries they
have to grease Customs and have crappy exchange rates.

<ducking, running away, hiding>

calin canada?

k i might have takin somthing again out of context but were you sugesting that Canada is a 3rd world country?

>In 3rd world countries they
>have to grease Customs and have crappy exchange rates.

Are 3rd world countries the only place where not every single person owns a
gun?

extremeunicycler@aol.com (Dylan Wallinger) wrote in message news:<20020605002212.13953.00002487@mb-cl.aol.com>…
> >In 3rd world countries they
> >have to grease Customs and have crappy exchange rates.
>
> Are 3rd world countries the only place where not every single person owns a
> gun?

I defenetly do not own a gun

any minute now the discussion will go from guns to hockey sticks and then we r going to be in trouble

as a representative from the actual third world, a coker will cost me in the region of approx R5000
that makes no sense to u so let me try n put it in perspective
that’s 500 packs of cigarretts or,
1000 cans of coke or,
6 (cheap) giraffe unicycles or,
50 cd’s

hope that helps

> as a representative from the actual third world, a Coker will cost me in
> the region of approx R5000
> that makes no sense to you so let me try n put it in perspective
> that’s 500 packs of cigarettes or,
> 1000 cans of coke or,
> 6 (cheap) giraffe unicycles or,
> 50 CDs
>
> hope that helps

That’s weird, is what it is. 1 CD = 1 carton of cigarettes < case of Coke?!

ha ha :stuck_out_tongue: