Short Notice: Mississippi MUni Weekend

Sorry for the short notice- but:

Tommy is coming down from Memphis (several hundread miles) for a 3 day week end of riding. We’ll do as much MUni as we can stand, as well as shairing skill knowladge and encouragement to develope general riding ability.

We’ll be riding some on the flood plain of the Pearl River, as well as a well known local favorite, Little Colorado. You can read a review of this ride as well as some other local attractions, here:

http://www.gorp.com/gorp/location/ms/we_jackson.htm

(Thanx for the link, Lewis).

If it strikes our collective fancey, we may go down the trace to Natchez and ride the largest Native American earth mound in North America (it isn’t all THAT impressive- but it would be cool to added it to a ride log).

Any who would like are welcome to try their hand on the Coker. We’ll have several stock trainers and a couple 24" light and heavy MUni. No giraffees, unless you bring one. The rides are stricktly bring-your-own-wheel.

We’ll meet Saturday morning near central Jackson. If you would like maps or to arrainge a hook up time, you can reach me at rhysling@unicyclist.com.

As an added perk, we also have a great new sushi resturant- fitting reward for a hard days ride.

If enough people show, we’ll try out some of those uni games we’ve been discussing!

Christopher

Chris,

Thanks for the invite. :slight_smile:

I don’t think my uni or my skills are up to much Muni, but I’ll hook up for all the warm-up on campus and near my house.

Are there any other Mississippi unicyclists? :slight_smile: Or are you hoping to bring in a few from Tenn, Ala, and La?

Lewis

All,

Even though I don’t think there are any crazy people near us who aren’t all coming down (i.e. just Tommy :)), I wanted to bump this up.

If you live in Mississippi (or adjacent states) and want to do some cycling down in Jackson, MS, and maybe have a little sushi after, email rhysling@unicyclist.com or lewis@lwb.org and we can hook up on this Saturday.

We need to join the local cycle club so we can steal some converts …

Lewis

I remember going to a conference at Notre Dame in 1986 and trying to find sushi in South Bend, Indiana. The cab driver and dispatcher laughed so hard I think they blew chunks. Where do you find sushi in Jackson, Mississippi? Oysters, sure, but sushi?

Harper,

Them’s fightin’ words. If not for this here chop-thangy in my hand, I would hit you. That, and I have to go out back behind the barn to do my business.

Seriously, strangely enough, Jackson has some great restaurants. It is about all there is to do here. The fish is fresh, and I think its flown in daily. Or maybe they drive it in. Thats what the man told me. I choose to believe him because it made me happy, even though I knew it might not be true. :slight_smile: Just kidding. But that is a human characteristic that affects many areas of life. Self-deluded wishful thinking, I mean. :slight_smile:

However, I can understand your disbelief. I myself don’t believe how good some of the food is here in Jackson. BTW, I’ve eaten at many very good sushi restaurants in Alameda, San Jose, and San Francisco, and one on the east coast somewhere, but I forget which city/town. I have to say that 2 of the sushi restaurants here are just as good, if not better.

We also have a decent Indian restaurant here, actually 2, and one passable Thai restaurant.

However, I’m really wishing we had a Vietnamese restaurant, because I’m still craving one I ate at in California.

Lewis

–part1_f2.16dd2c8b.299e9adb_boundary

Right-on Louis!

Our Mississippi Uni Rendezvous this weekend is just the beginning. As we
continue to establish the networking our get-together opportunities will
expand. There are several uni clubs in northern and central Alabama that
could make the quest to the Delta too.

Look’n forward to seeing y’all,
Tommy

–part1_f2.16dd2c8b.299e9adb_boundary
Content-Type: text/html; charset=“US-ASCII”

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2>Right-on Louis!
<BR>
<BR>Our Mississippi Uni Rendezvous this weekend is just the beginning. As we continue to establish the networking our get-together opportunities will expand. There are several uni clubs in northern and central Alabama that could make the quest to the Delta too.
<BR>
<BR>Look’n forward to seeing y’all,
<BR>Tommy</FONT></HTML>

–part1_f2.16dd2c8b.299e9adb_boundary–