Short muni movie - Mt Cootha group ride...

I’ve made another little muni movie. This one’s fun to watch, at least for me, because there are a few different riders and you can hear all the group cheering and generally having a good time.

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums/album348/Muni_Apr_05_Mt_Cootha_Group_Small.wmv

The video is 1min55sec and about 13MB.

I’ve got over 10 minutes of the better selection of muni clips to work with now so I think it’s almost time to make another big movie. It will be like my 8 minute long trials movie but this will be almost all muni. Actually maybe I should make it completely muni…there aren’t enough like that these days. What do you think?

Andrew

Love the drop.

You and you crazy ausies, sweet video… that drop at the end was really weird, i thouhgt it was like 10 feet and then when you fell the first time it was like 4… weird

Chase

Yeah, I guess that’s because the 0.3x wide angle lens was attached at the time.

I wish there were some drops like that one but bigger near here but I haven’t found any. Actually there are some out 40 minutes drive away. I’ll go riding there next weekend maybe.

Andrew

Re: Short muni movie - Mt Cootha group ride…

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 22:24:50 -0500, “andrew_carter” wrote:

>I think it’s almost time to make another big movie. It will
>be like my 8 minute long trials movie but this will be almost all muni.
>Actually maybe I should make it completely muni…there aren’t enough
>like that these days. What do you think?

Your MUni clips are lovely and another film on mainly or exclusively
MUni would be great. Whether it’s 90% or 100% MUni wouldn’t matter
really much for me, but 100% is the clearest on “This is a MUni film
folks”. Looking forward.

Personally, I’m not a big fan of the 0.3x wide lens effect. It surely
can have its place if used sparingly, or when you can’t stand back
enough to oversee a whole line. But it makes it difficult to
appreciate the terrain. Everything seems to look larger than it
actually is, so you watch it ‘with a grain of salt’.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

“When it comes to the family jewels, you won’t be having fun until they’re having fun. - Jake D”

Re: Re: Short muni movie - Mt Cootha group ride…

Ideally I’d like a 0.5x lens which I think is a nice compromise. I think in most of the shots that I filmed there’s not so much of an exaggeration. It’s mainly those ones where the cameraman sits right at the bottom (or top) of a drop so the rider initially looks really tiny in comparison. I’ll definitely keep all this in mind, thanks.

Andrew

i so want to move to autralia now and get a accent :smiley: thatle do asome video