Short Movie - 70 seconds of muni...

This morning I went for my second test ride with my new 160mm cranks. They made a huge difference…I love them. Here’s a 70 second video. It has some drops, a see-saw, and some rock sections.

The only version I have uploaded is encoded with DivX so those of you who don’t have it will have to get the DivX Codec from www.divx.com to view this and other movies like it if you really want to see it.

Muni down “Dynamic Downhill” (7.2MB, 70sec, DivX encoded)

Andrew

muni (mar 05) compilation.jpg

Nice! That’s the kind of terrain that I like for muni. Well, except for that one big drop you did. I don’t like going that big.

I’ve always wondered how you were able to get along with the 150’s given the terrain you ride. It probably helps being younger and lighter.

Thanks John. Well for quite a while with the 145’s I also had a light muni, but the muni seemed to get heavier and heavier. Soon I will have a new custom frame (very similar to my original yellow frame if you remember back that far but built by a friend of mine who is very skilled and is also a unicyclist) which will have about 15mm clearance either side of a 3" Gazz I’m thinking. I can’t wait for it, then I’ll add my new KH Fusion saddle, some blue Jim Cielencki pedals (unfortunately the sealed ones are no longer available from anywhere), and some other bits and pieces. But I digress…yes I only weigh 65kg.

What I’d really like to be able to do is have the guts to launch off that drop and not stop at the top. There are some other big ones further down the track (which friends of mine made) that have a landing you have to make it to to prevent a painful landing. :slight_smile: …one day.

I love this rocky terrain too, but it was very nice to ride the contrasting New Zealand trails…and I can’t wait to ride at Moab (not this year unfortunately).

Andrew

Thats an awesome video, i really liked the no music so you could just hear nice natural muni sounds

Chase

Nice riding! You know it’s pretty steep when it actually looks steep in a video.

I laughed at the end when you owned that teeter-totter, then hit the dirt in the last frame. :wink:

i really liked the no music so you could just hear nice natural muni sounds

• It’s also handy because now I can keep that edited footage as a sort of archived copy and delete all the individual files…but mostly it was for the natural sounds, yes. :slight_smile:

You know it’s pretty steep when it actually looks steep in a video.

• It gets really frustrating sometimes doesn’t it when you can only film something directly up the hill or it just doesn’t look like it does in reality and you don’t know why. What I really like is the wideangle lens shots close to the ground with somebody operating the camera, so you can really get a feel for what the terrain is.

I laughed at the end when you owned that teeter-totter, then hit the dirt in the last frame.

• So did I. :slight_smile: I’ve only been on two rides with the longer cranks and I’m not yet used to the extra stopping power I get from them.

I’m actually going out in half an hour for another muni ride with a friend so I’ll get some more footage of us.

Andrew

Nice vid. Looks like you’ve adjusted well to those new cranks.

unfortunately, DivX doesn’t work on a mac,
ne chance you can post the video in another format? cus it sounds cool
thx

There is a Mac version of DivX. I don’t know how well it works. The Mac version is here: DivX for Mac

I think there is also an XviD version for the Mac. XviD can play DivX too. You’ll have to Google to find XviD for Mac. Again, I haven’t used it so I don’t know how well it works. XviD is also an option for the Linux users to play DivX video.

VLC will play DivX and such on Mac, too: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ (and Linux, BeOS, and a pile of other operating systems)

thx guys