Shoes(Converse? Vans?)

I for one am a person who lives in my chuck taylor coverse all stars all the time in fact i am wearing my black lowtops now. Any ways What types of shoes do you like and what type of Uni/MUni/Trials stuff do ya do in them. and is there a style of shoe you like flat arch high arch or whatever. Just wondering because i noticed in Onewheel no limit most of them were wearing All Stars but i noticed most Muni riders like a boot. So Just say what ya want to about yor shoeness:D

I absolutely love my Chucks. I live in them just as much as you do. When I used to perform I rode my wheel everywhere and Chucks were all I ever wore. When I do distance I wear my old bike shoes. I would wear my chucks but I need a stiff sole when I ride. Chucks are the best, in my opinion, for idling and passing clubs with friends. Later.

Aj

Re: Shoes(Converse? Vans?)

> I for one am a person who lives in my chuck Taylor converse all stars all
> the time in fact i am wearing my black lowtops now. Any ways What types
> of shoes do you like and what type of Uni/MUni/Trials stuff do ya do in
> them. and is there a style of shoe you like flat arch high arch or
> whatever. Just wondering because i noticed in One Wheel no limit most of
> them were wearing All Stars but i noticed most Muni riders like a boot.
> So Just say what ya want to about your shoeness:D

Brooks Beasts or Hi-Tec Magnum Steel-Toed boots. Not enough shock
absorption to UPD fast and comfortably off a Coker in my Chuck Taylors, let
alone my Tevas.

On the other hand, for squatting and deadlifting, Chuck Taylors rock.

thats awesome i thought that alot of ya would like chucks. any pics?

Vans in my head
Vans on my feet
My soul is on the Ground
And I’m riding down the street

Chucks have no padding in them at all and poor arch support.

Skate shoes are deffenatlly the way to go for this checkered fiend.

Most of the top freestylers in TCUC use the converse’s, so this is why they are so common in OW-NL.

I preffer vans, becuase they offer more padding and have better grip on the pedals.

I wear airwalks, but not really for any reason. I like the way they look and I already wore them before I started unicycling. They seem to work well for me, though.

I wear either Vans or the AXO/661 Dually. I use the Vans for freestyle and muni. I use the Dually for mostly muni.

The current style of Vans that I like is the Jarama or a style with the same sole. danscomp.com carries them.
<http://www.danscomp.com/cgi-bin/hazel.cgi?client=10895283&action=DETAIL&item=723306>
Hopefully that link will take you right to them. Otherwise search <http://www.danscomp.com> for Vans Jarama.

I don’t like the floppy canvas Vans because the sole is way too soft and flexible which causes the pedals to hurt my feet.

do the jarama’s stand up? They look like they are only single stichted, or doesnt that matter?

Im only on my sceond pair of vans, and both have had the same different style of sole, the first was some Hokums which only lasted 3 months, and the second ones are still good after 3 months. Maybe I got unlucky with the first pair.

The Jarama’s are holding up really well. No problems with stitching, the lace loops are good, it’s all good. I do wear AXO Ankle Biters with them so the inner lining is a little torn in placed due to the Ankle Biters rubbing. Other than that minor bit of wear they are still going strong. I actually have two pairs of the Jarama’s. One pair that I get all dirty for muni and another pair that I keep clean.

The only Vans that I have had problems with are the Weld Flats. They were really uncomfortable because the lower part of the tongue and the toe box compressed my toes every time I took a step. Avoid any Vans that have a lacing design like the Weld Flats.

I wear the cheapest shoes I can find at K-Mart so I can have more money available to spend on unicycle equipment!

Thanks john, Ill have to try them sometime.

I have the Vans Rick Thorns. All black, no bright logos. I used to wear Chucks and old skoool checkered Vans, but they didn’t have enough arch support. The Rick Thorns have good support, and a grippy “Off The Wall” sole. The sole may be a little too stiff, but the only trouble I’ve had is when they’re caked with mud, they slip a little on the pedal. Probably dosen’t help that my pedal pins are wore down a lot from pedal grabing.

Mojoe

vans 001.jpg

I’m an airwalk kind of guy:)

I wear ols skool shoes for Muni 'cos the’ve got a waffle type sole so the pins on metal pedals grip them well but on my other cycle with Plastic pedals i wear skate shoes with more grip

Airwalk. ‘Cause I’m stylin’.