Shin/Knee Guards

Hi!
I need some shin/knee guards, and both the 661 and KH on unicycling.com aus are quite expensive. I’m looking at the first five on this page, and I wonder which ones you guys recommend.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/SearchResults.aspx?Search=661&CategoryIDs=403

Thanks!
mulgoamuni

I bought on Chain Reaction the IXS Assault Series guards and I think they’re fantastic! Light and very cool:)! I hope this helps…

I went to Dick’s and bought knee pads, elbow pads, wrist guards in a pack for $30.00 That was a year ago and I still use them. They collect sweat and need washed once in a while. I ride every day so they get a lot of use…

Mike A.

I got some 661 4x4s from pricepoint, they were $25 (plus about $7 shipping, but still cheaper than anywhere else).

http://tinyurl.com/7cw5xvb

Note that these are the 4x4s, UDC has the rampages which are the more expensive set.

Has anyone used these?
http://www.the-industries.com/product/T2PC-0-6.html

I have KH shin guards, but I messed up my knee when I flew off the front about three weeks ago. The KH seem to offer more protection for the shin than for the knee. It looks like I need more knee protection if I’m going to be flying off the front with no warning!

What do you think about these (above).
Or are there others that offer better KNEE protection?

Thanks!

Hi,

I have been using an earlier version of these FoxHead Knee/Shin guards (mine have 3 parallel bands instead of the crossing ones).

Mine are very light, comfortable to pedal (they’re designed for MTB after all) and very breathable in summer while still good over pants for winter.

They saved my knees and shin on a couple of occasion when the UPD made me land on my knees/hands. You just have to be careful about having them tight enough otherwise they can slip down and not protect you knee enough. Or you can have another model or another brand that have a dedicated band on the top part.

Mine are dirty but still strong and trusty :slight_smile:

You can also get some SixSixOne with the same design in any good LBS I think.

I too bought the 4x4’s from Pricepoint and love them. Great deal.

Do they ever get the 4x4 instock in large?

I just received the 661 Rhythm Knee/Shin Guards 2013. My uni is broken, and I’m still waiting for my new one, so I haven’t tried them while riding. However, they are very comfortable and really light. There are no hard parts, only foam padding.

Hello Everyone,

Which shin guards offer the best KNEE protection?

I have KH shin guards, but I messed up my knee when I flew off the front about three weeks ago. The KH seem to offer more protection for the shin than for the knee. It looks like I need more knee protection if I’m going to be flying off the front with no warning.

Thanks!

What are good knee pads to wear with my shin guards, I have fuse shinguards (the gold ones). i don’t fall on my knee so I don’t need really hard ones, just ones that are breathable and easy to move in.

I have some PPE in my bag + bought Cope shin guards.

These ones are very good (but back of your leg will stay not protected:
Brand-X X MKII Knee & Shin Guards

These are good for knees but no shin guard (wear with Cope ones):
661 Evo Knee Pad

These are awesome shin guards (but no knee guards):
Cope Shin Guards

With these set I have all I need for all kind rides performed on uni and muni.

• KH Wrist gloves + TSG Dirt Jump Kraken Helmet :wink: