Sheffield Convention.

Sheffields ‘Flying Teapots Circus’ are planning a 2 day convention in March.

Dates are yet to be finalised but should be settled soon.

Sheffield has a thriving skills scene with the Teapots being a very popular university society, it also has a strong collection of spinners (poi, staff etc), being the home of the internationally famous ‘Poi in the Park’ event.

There’s also a lone unicyclist who’s a bit crazy and insists on riding the roads and streets of Sheffield on a muni and 29-er (i.e. me).

I’ve been suggesting to the organisers that they take advantage of this talent and enthusiasm and make this convention a bit of a celebration of these diverse skills, cos, at heart they have much in common.

The spinning side of things should pretty much take care of itself, at last nights Teapots meet were four of Englands finest spinners in one room, so there should be some good quality workshops in poi and such esoteric arts as ‘meteor spinning’ (me again), as well as a good fire show.

I was wondering if many unicyclists would be up for getting to Sheffield, if so I’m sure it would be possible to set up some decent events. I anticipate that, regardless, there would be at least muni ride as there are some good trails, both XC and technical, close to the convention venue.

And if, for example, we knew that there were going to be some Cokerers/29-ers coming then a longer ride could be arranged.

Possibly, if I can fit it in between dancing, fencing, and finding time to eat.

Let me know the date.

Re: Sheffield Convention.

onewheeldave wrote:
>
> Sheffields ‘Flying Teapots Circus’ are planning a 2 day convention in
> March.
>
> Dates are yet to be finalised but should be settled soon.

It’s been listed on the festivals list as 13/14 March for a couple
of months now.

Is that wrong? If so, better get it changed!

• Richard

The correct dates are indeed 13/14 (sat/sun) of March, with sleeping facilities at the gym.

There’s a small website up with more details at:-

http://www.shef.ac.uk/shefcon2004/

Whatever happens there’ll be some outdoor uni/muni riding, with three useful parks of different types within 5 mins ride of the venue.

If there’s enough interest/unicyclists planning to turn up then something more elaborate can be planned.