Shefcon 2005

2 days (19 & 20) March (Sat/Sun) with hall space to sleep in.

i.e. TOMMORROW

Details here: -

http://www.shef.ac.uk/~ftc/shefcon05.html

I’m planning to run an origami workshop/skills swap on Saturday.

There’s a wide variety of terrain for unicyclists within easy reach of the hall.

This will be an excellent convention- really big hall with everything in one place, space to sleep overnight and a superb line-up for the show.

Re: Shefcon 2005

Hi Dave,

> 2 days (19 & 20) March (Sat/Sun) with hall space to sleep in.
>
> i.e. TOMMORROW

I’m quite looking forward to this.

I’ll be the one on a two wheeler; come and say hello!

Cheers,

Roger

Unicycle.com crew are coming down too. Should be a good weekend.

Roger

So will there be space for unicycling in the hall? I’m tempted to pop up on Saturday.

“unicus” <unicus@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com> wrote in message
news:unicus.1m3i83@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com
>
>
> So will there be space for unicycling in the hall? I’m tempted to pop up
> on Saturday.
>
If today was anything to go by, it will be plenty warm enough to go
outside.

Nao

Re: Re: Shefcon 2005

The weather doesn’t bother me, after all at Emunicyclists we play unicycle hockey outside every week come wind rain or snow (it’s fun in the snow).

Any way my son has decided that we are going so who am I to argue.

Yes will bring the Supersize to Shefcon. Leigh will also be there as well. :slight_smile:

It is an excellent unicycle if you want to go in a straight line… but not good if you want to turn. It has a serious level of grip and just does not want to turn. It also weighs a ton!

Roger

Any thoughts/comments/feedback from the unicyclists who came to shefcon?

Post them here and I’ll pass them on the the organisers.

I think most of the unicyclists went home on Saturday, but the convention carried on all saturday night, through to 4 pm sunday, then on to a nother hall till 9 pm for the truly hardcore.

On reflection I didn’t ride my unicycle at all, other than to ride down to the hall from home; I was fully occupied with juggling/spinning and running the origami workshop.

Sheffcon was a really great convention!

Even though i didnt get much chance to unicycle due to my ankle the whole two days was really great!

Pass on my compliments to the organiser!

And the oragami was great :slight_smile: i have been making fish and boxes all the time now :slight_smile:

I’ve passed on your compliments to the organisers.

Glad you liked the origami :slight_smile:

It’s probably worth checking your local library for origami books, they often have a few in the ‘crafts’ section.

The diagrams can be initially tricky, but with a bit of practice they become very easy to follow. Start off with the basic models and build up gradually.

Good luck.