self promotion

Hi, I’m Bruce from Saint Marys Georgia, but currently working in the Texas panhandle. In early March 2013, I lost my wife of over ten years to cancer. Combine that with being in a place I cannot call home had me thinking around the anniversary of her death … why don’t you do somethng to give back to this community, rather than just taking. I tried some personal outreach which was snubbed, then I heard about this ride. 24 hours in the canyon, and it piqued my interest. It benifitted the Harrington foundation which focuses on people living with cancer, bingo. I signed up, named my team “Single Track Minds”, and plan to trail ride on my muni as much of the 24 hours as possible, which after running tonight and feeling how aerobically out of shape I am, might not be many. Check out the event website www.24hoursinthecanyon.org … and if cancer has also touched your life, and you’d like to help me in my efforts to fundraise for this charitable organization you can go to my donations website here, it is tax deductible, and could use some help.

http://hcf1.convio.net/site/TR/Events/General?px=1006324&pg=personal&fr_id=1040

I’ll keep everyone posted as the event unfolds, I not only hope to ride most of the twenty four hours, but I hope to also get a century on the one wheel on trails! 18 loops of about 10k per loop!

Good luck, and do keep us posted!