Seat post problem

Hey all you kids out there.

I just broke my GB4 seat post. I love that seat post. But they do not make them anymore.

I would like to know if anyone out there has one they could part with.

If not that then, What other seat posts are really good?

I have a standard Bedford fork but i don’t know what the hole size is. Any one know?

And lastly I am a welder. So i could just fix it my self but i have forgotten what those posts are made out of. Aluminum, steel, chromoly? :thinking:

If anyone has answers to any of these questions that would really help me get my uni going again.

Thanks

Bedford unis use a 22.2mm post, I believe.

They aren’t really available at bike shops(In my experience) because bikes all use larger posts.

Bedford can set you up with steel, aluminum, or a carbon fiber seat post of this size. (I find the aluminum one he sent me to be great)

Hope this helps.

-madmatt

Yup looks like your frame’s ID will be 22.2mm, as the GB4 post has a 22.2mm OD: http://www.gb4mfg.com/seatpost.html

If the plate has not broken then it is possible to repair it by cutting off the plate and rewelding it onto a tube of 22.2mm OD. This tube could either be a standard unicycle seatpost with its plate cut off, or better yet is to get a BMX ‘candlewick’ seatpost in 22.2mm OD. These are a length of 22.2mm diameter tube which some older style BMXs used as their seatposts. Ask your local bike shop for one [the ones I’ve bought cost me about USD8 or NZD10]. I’ve repaired several 22.2mm seatposts in this manner.