seat in unispin help needed - hand pain

I’ve been working on seat in unispins and have them down consistently and fairly smooth at this point. The problem I’ve been having is not with the trick itself but the hand pain I’ve been having. It’s a sharp pain on the outside (pinky side) of my hand, close to my wrist. When doing the trick I have my hand on the front of the handle. Has anyone else had a similar problem? It doesn’t feel like I’m muscling the trick too much, but I’m not sure. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Andrew

Which way are you spinning the uni? I do them spinning towards the outside of my hand (left hand on the handle, spin the uni to the left)

If your spinning to the oppisite side than the hand you hold onto with, it would twist you up more… if not, I don’t know what to tell you.

I do spin to the outside. I hold with my left hand and spin to the left. How much effort is really involved in this trick? The only thing that seems to make sense is that I’m over stressing my hand. Seat out spins seem nearly effortless with just a gentle guiding from the hand. Should seat in spins be as easy, or almost, with the correct technique? Once I fix my flat I’ll do a little troubleshooting, but I thought I’d see if anyone here had any advice.
Thanks again,
Andrew