Seat drop (tutorial request)

I was here a long time ago, and I’m quite sure no one remembers me. If you do, your brain must remember everything.

Anyways, I’ve gotten pretty good. I can do 180 unispins, jump off high stuff, ect, ect… But what’s really gotten me is the seat drop. I’ve been practicing for a long time. I just can’t get it, :angry: . I kinda learned on my own though. I read a few articles on how to do them, but I need something better, like a video. I did google, searched this forum (I used the search toolbar) and more, but found nada.

If there IS something out there please post it orr something. I’m pretty sure other n00bs ( :roll_eyes: ) would like some help on this to.

Thanks… if you help me out.

EDIT- Woah, I only had 14 posts!

uumm i can give you some advice, but its not a tutorial;) . stand on your cranks and practice holding on to a fence. make sure your stronger foot is almost touching your spokes and then lower the seat till the frame is resting on your feet. then let go of the stable object your holding on to and try to stall for alittle while. at 1st i used to brace my left calf against my tire for support, while i held the frame w/my right. just do this till you’re feeling confdant doing it, then just keep trying till its natural. this took me about 5-10 min to learn so i think you might just be doing somthing wron. GOOD LUCK!!!

uumm i can give you some advice, but its not a tutorial;) . stand on your cranks and practice holding on to a fence. make sure your stronger foot is almost touching your spokes and then lower the seat till the frame is resting on your feet. then let go of the stable object your holding on to and try to stall for alittle while. at 1st i used to brace my left calf against my tire for support, while i held the frame w/my right. just do this till you’re feeling confdant doing it, then just keep trying till its natural. this took me about 5-10 min to learn so i think you might just be doing somthing wron. GOOD LUCK!!!

Its too self explanatory to do a tutorial, keep even pressure on the pedals, throw seat down, seat bounces up, you catch seat, you ride away.

It’s just the seat never bounces up… :astonished: .

I can land about… 5 a day. I just am not that good. Heh’ I landed a trick I’ve never done. Although it’s quite easy. You know, you spin unicycle 90*, land on tire, hop off, spin uni 90* again and land on pedals. Pretty much a unispin. I forgot what the trick was called.

I guess I DID just start yesterday from a 5 month break. The winters are harsh here in MN… I’m sweating alot, XD. Yuck!

-torkerer-

lol
uhm
throw it harder/ use the back of the seat. if your seat stiffener is broken or your seat is loose at all it won’t do it.

kind of stealing your thread slightly but I dont want to start a new thread, um any tips on how to hop on the tire? I can 180 and 360 unispin and would like to do a spin to tire, any tips or videos? or both?

I can do Seat drops now. About 6/10 tries (Kinda made that up, but accurate, :wink: ). I hopped up a picnic table (hopped on the seat part of it first), did a unispin into a seat drop hopped down. I spent awhile on the tables today.

-torkerer-

Well since your now getting them down, start trying these:)

Holy cow…I got inspired by seatdrop city:D I’ll just put on my shinpads and I’m off :slight_smile:

I need shin pads. I for some but I don’t know how to measure. Help? Hehe… please.

-torkerer-

Here’s all the measurements for 661’s products. Go down to 4x4 knee/shin guards and it will tell you the measurement=size
http://www.sixsixone.com/Information_Sizing.aspx

Thanks…

I actually found some soccer (I think) shin gaurds. I did the same thing, smacked my shin, but it didn’t hurt. But these are small and tight. I will but new ones later in the summer. I grew 5 inches in 8 months :astonished: .

Oh, and I think another problem I stink is that I have a torker CX. I need to get a trails uni soon. Only problem is, I am broke, and have no way to get money.

-torkerer-

speaking of shinpads: when I put mine on, the two bands that go across on the top, rub my inner knee (the inside of the knee). Do you have this?

and ontopic: seat drops looked so easy. I was wrong:D
i can’t get steady when hopping with the left foot at the spokes

2 things

1st my 661 shin pads are the best

2nd go to ur local bike shop and they should have an account with 661 .if the do ask if the can orderm in a medium and large xlarge .then try them on .whatever fits u can buy

i got mine brand new for 65 dollars

I got mine on Ebay for like $30

ok the kid above is right

but insted of standing on the cranks stand on the pedals and stand there for a wile and get the feal for riding with the seat draging i learnd just bye droping the seat and just keap on doin that but u can do it the way u whant

ur right but try this

but insted of standing on the cranks stand on the pedals and stand there for a wile and get the feal for riding with the seat draging i learnd just bye droping the seat and just keap on doin that but u can do it the way u whant

I still cant land a uni-spin, but I learned a seat drop before, man they are fun! I think they look better than how they feel. hehe:p