Seat cover pattern?

Thinking of making a custom seat cover. Anybody got a pattern to post? I’m putting it on a Miyata seat.

I think Black and White checkers would be cool. How are you planning on making it?

-Lee

Still kicking that around. Maybe some nice soft pigskin from the local leathercraft shop. Maybe some black&white cowhide. Maybe something from the fabric store. Make some suggestions, please.

dude id go for some really fluffy floresent soft yeat durable stuff…

POW

I’ve made a template that you are welcome to use. I’ve made several for myself and they work fine. This template is for a foam pad and not for a air seat. However, should you decide to go that route we can certainly use this as an opportunity to make a new template. I’m game.

Tommy

black and white checkers

Hey, Tommy- I’ll give ya a holla when I’m ready to roll on the new seat cover. Let’s use the pattern you already have- Maybe after learning a bit, I’ll branch out and we can experiment…

Anyone else want to chime in on material? I don’t think I can get black and white checkered leather, so what’s a good fabric? Fluffy yet durable sounds ideal, but I don’t know if that exists in reality…

Maybe I could back some polartec®©™ with some Ripstop or something stable… maybe stitch it together in some kind of pattern.

Maybe I’ll have a quilting circle! Tommy! Round up the troops! Quilting at my house next Sunday!

I would also be interested in a template for an airseat if that offer would be available to me. I am in the process of putting together a Coker with GB4 frame and want to have an air seat for it.

Is that going to be a hand quilting or machine quilting circle?

I’ve made quite a few airseats and/or foam seats using vinyl for the cover material. I have a pattern that I made for the Miyata saddle that also fits nicely on a stock Coker sized saddle. Anybody that needs a copy, just send me a pm and I’ll forward it to ya’