seat adapters for brakes

so, has anyone managed to avoid buying the $18 KH under-the-seat brake mount by making their own? :slight_smile:

Are you asking if someone’s been able to join a small piece of pipe and a flat metal plate with a couple holes?

Hmm. Sounds tough. I’ll have my team of engineers look at the problem and get back to you.

Really, the answer is “yes”… there just hasn’t been too many photos of said contraptions as they’re all dead simple and not very sexy to look at.

Are you interested in making your own? Or buying someone else’s creation? You aren’t going to find anything cheaper that what’s available online…

I made a lever mount that works great, but it’s probably heavier than the KH version. There’s a thread about it, but apparently the gallery isn’t working right now, so the pix don’t show up.

Yeah I’ve made a couple in the past they are easy to make and worth the effort if you have the following at your disposal.Spare handlebar sized tube,some flat metal about 2mm thick,tools to cut the metal,a drill and some drill bits,welding equipment,primer paint and finish paint,the skills to carry out the work.If you don’t have most of that stuff already you might as well just buy one it will be cheaper.

john