Search Engine Conference in Munich

Just coming back from the search engine conference.

Impossible to find something out about Google.
Even a simple question like

“Will a redirected link from Yahoo count for PR”

remained unanswered.

Some interesting talkings with other SEOs


Roland Mösl
http://www.pege.org Clear targets for a confused civilization
http://web-design-suite.com Web Design starts at the search engine

Re: Search Engine Conference in Munich

Yahoo links count for PR. There’s your answer.

Roland M=F6sl wrote:
> =

> Just coming back from the search engine conference.
> =

> Impossible to find something out about Google.
> Even a simple question like
> =

> “Will a redirected link from Yahoo count for PR”
> =

> remained unanswered.
> =

> Some interesting talkings with other SEOs
> =

> –
> Roland M=F6sl
> http://www.pege.org Clear targets for a confused civilization
> http://web-design-suite.com Web Design starts at the search engine

– =

Jay Tierney – jay@jaytierney.com

Re: Search Engine Conference in Munich

“Jay Tierney” <jay@jaytierney.com> wrote in message
news:3DB06258.475252E1@jaytierney.com

>Yahoo links count for PR. There’s your answer.

That’s Your oppinion.

Could You show on what facts Your oppinion is based.


Roland Mösl
http://www.pege.org Clear targets for a confused civilization
http://web-design-suite.com Web Design starts at the search engine

Re: Search Engine Conference in Munich

Uhh… Google will list your Yahoo listing in your backlinks, for
starters. I’ve also had a site with no other links besides Yahoo and it
had PR. I’d say that’s more than just an opinion, more like evidence.

Roland M=F6sl wrote:
> =

> That’s Your oppinion.
> =

> Could You show on what facts Your oppinion is based.

– =

Jay Tierney – jay@jaytierney.com

Re: Search Engine Conference in Munich

“Jay Tierney” <jay@jaytierney.com> wrote in message
news:3DB178E3.9C9BC8ED@jaytierney.com
>Uhh… Google will list your Yahoo listing in your backlinks, for
>starters. I’ve also had a site with no other links besides Yahoo and it
>had PR. I’d say that’s more than just an opinion, more like evidence.

Just searching for link:www.pege.org

There is a link from a PR7 page

http://directory.google.com/Top/Science/Technology/Energy/Renewable/

There is even an old entry from

www.surfpoint.com/Science_Technology/Energy/

and… oh, You are right, there is

http://dir.yahoo.com/Science/Energy/Solar_Power/Organizations/

…found the answer in a failed atempt to proof that You are wrong :wink:


Roland Mösl
http://www.pege.org Clear targets for a confused civilization
http://web-design-suite.com Web Design starts at the search engine

Re: Search Engine Conference in Munich

“Roland Mösl” <founder@pege.org> wrote in message
news:aos2ao$h1g$1@www.darklock.com
> “Jay Tierney” <jay@jaytierney.com> wrote in message
> news:3DB178E3.9C9BC8ED@jaytierney.com
> >Uhh… Google will list your Yahoo listing in your backlinks, for
> >starters. I’ve also had a site with no other links besides Yahoo and it
> >had PR. I’d say that’s more than just an opinion, more like evidence.
>
> Just searching for link:www.pege.org
>
> There is a link from a PR7 page
>
> http://directory.google.com/Top/Science/Technology/Energy/Renewable/
>
> There is even an old entry from
>
> www.surfpoint.com/Science_Technology/Energy/
>
> and… oh, You are right, there is
>
> http://dir.yahoo.com/Science/Energy/Solar_Power/Organizations/
>
> …found the answer in a failed atempt to proof that You are wrong :wink:

But what is with links like

http://cgi.pege.org/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/all/service.pl?T=http://www.gruenbeck.de
/

Asking Google for link:www.gruenbeck.de
does not show up the links from http://www.pecho.at


Roland Mösl
http://www.pege.org Clear targets for a confused civilization
http://web-design-suite.com Web Design starts at the search engine

Okay, instead of who is right or wrong about Google, do either of you guys (or anyone else) have a concrete Google philosophy that can be explained in a paragraph or so, and have evidence of its effectiveness?

That’s what I always ask people that claimed to be “certified” SEO’s. It’s fun because they always just start spouting SEO speak and generally look like asses.

I have the philosophy although the data to back it up is still being generated and compiled, but it looks good.

Jtk

Re: Search Engine Conference in Munich

“jtk” <jtk.ctz12@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote in message
news:jtk.ctz12@timelimit.unicyclist.com
>
> Okay, instead of who is right or wrong about Google, do either of you
> guys (or anyone else) have a concrete Google philosophy that can be
> explained in a paragraph or so, and have evidence of its
> effectiveness?

I know in 99% of the cases why I have top positions

In 1% of the cases, I am complete desperate and have absolut
no idea about the algotithm

> That’s what I always ask people that claimed to be “certified” SEO’s.
> It’s fun because they always just start spouting SEO speak and generally
> look like asses.
>
> I have the philosophy although the data to back it up is still being
> generated and compiled, but it looks good.

For what month :wink:

Last month everything was okay at “webdesign seminar”

This month, my oldest web site outperforms my newest.


Roland Mösl
http://www.pege.org Clear targets for a confused civilization
http://web-design-suite.com Web Design starts at the search engine

Re: Search Engine Conference in Munich

“jtk” <jtk.ctz12@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote in message
news:jtk.ctz12@timelimit.unicyclist.com
>
> Okay, instead of who is right or wrong about Google, do either of you
> guys (or anyone else) have a concrete Google philosophy that can be
> explained in a paragraph or so, and have evidence of its
> effectiveness?
>
> That’s what I always ask people that claimed to be “certified” SEO’s.
> It’s fun because they always just start spouting SEO speak and generally
> look like asses.
>
> I have the philosophy although the data to back it up is still being
> generated and compiled, but it looks good.

Test Your theory with my bad ranking of “werbeagentur”
(advertising agency)

Test it with the results on the head at “webdesign seminar”


Roland Mösl
http://www.pege.org Clear targets for a confused civilization
http://web-design-suite.com Web Design starts at the search engine

Re: Search Engine Conference in Munich

I don’t have a philosophy yet for this last update - it seems kind of
pointless because I imagine there will be some big changes in the next
few weeks too. It’ll take a least a few months before you can really
develop a good theory.

And as far as right and wrong go - did I not give solid evidence that
Google does count your Yahoo listing for PR?

jtk wrote:
>
> Okay, instead of who is right or wrong about Google, do either of you
> guys (or anyone else) have a concrete Google philosophy that can be
> explained in a paragraph or so, and have evidence of its
> effectiveness?
>
> That’s what I always ask people that claimed to be “certified” SEO’s.
> It’s fun because they always just start spouting SEO speak and generally
> look like asses.
>
> I have the philosophy although the data to back it up is still being
> generated and compiled, but it looks good.
>
> Jtk
>
> –
> jtk
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> jtk’s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/361
> View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/21092


Jay Tierney – jay@jaytierney.com