screen resolution

Quick question guys. What does the survey says about the common screen
resolution for home users? and what was the default screen resolution for
new computers these days?

thanks

Re: screen resolution

Here’s a study from March 2001: http://tinyurl.com/3nj5
I imagine it has moved a little closer towards 1024x768 as the normal,
but I design for 800x600 now. 640x480 is just too small for me to work with.

St John wrote:
> Quick question guys. What does the survey says about the common screen
> resolution for home users? and what was the default screen resolution for
> new computers these days?
>
> thanks
>

Re: screen resolution

640x480 has been pretty much deemed obsolete on the web - it’s just too
small of a space to work within, and even Yahoo and other big sites use
tables wider than that. I’d say about 50% - 70% of users are at 800x600
and most of the rest are larger.

St John wrote:
>
> Quick question guys. What does the survey says about the common screen
> resolution for home users? and what was the default screen resolution for
> new computers these days?
>
> thanks


Jay Tierney – jay@jaytierney.com

Re: screen resolution

in article atq7ot$89j$1@www.t-shirtcountdown.com, St John at St John @ san
francisco . com wrote on 12/18/02 8:19 AM:

> Quick question guys. What does the survey says about the common screen
> resolution for home users? and what was the default screen resolution for
> new computers these days?
>
> thanks
>

Most of the people that view my site have a screen res. of 1024x786…


Mike

€ Logo Design €
Put some fun in your next logo!

Site at: http://www.artistmike.com

Re: screen resolution

I use 1280x1024 on a 17" crt at work, and 1600x1200 on a 19" crt at home.

Bill

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002 08:19:37 -0800, “St John” <St John @ san francisco . com> wrote:
> Quick question guys. What does the survey says about the common screen
> resolution for home users? and what was the default screen resolution for
> new computers these days?
>
> thanks
>

Re: screen resolution

Jay Tierney wrote:
> I’d say about 50% - 70% of users are at 800x600
> and most of the rest are larger.

The other issue is how big do people have their browser window? While I
have a 1280x1024 resolution, I never browse in full screen. Of course
that’s probably because everything is designed for a smaller size display.

  • Gilby

Re: screen resolution

On Thursday 19 December 2002 06:48 pm, Gilby wrote:

> The other issue is how big do people have their browser window? While I
> have a 1280x1024 resolution, I never browse in full screen. Of course
> that’s probably because everything is designed for a smaller size display.
>

I never go full screen. I like keeping the sidebar open.


John R. Marshall

TBA…

Re: screen resolution

Man, I just went to the new Apple store in one of our local malls, wow have
they got the fancy setups in there. A 23" flat panel and 17" flat plugged
into the same G4. It was absolutely stunning. I love the way they’ve gone
minimalist in design, very chic IMO, very cool.

Dan

“Bill” <bill@stitchandprint.com> wrote in message
news:1103_1040324432@darklock.com
> I use 1280x1024 on a 17" crt at work, and 1600x1200 on a 19" crt at home.
>
> Bill
>
>
> On Wed, 18 Dec 2002 08:19:37 -0800, “St John” <St John @ san francisco .
com> wrote:
> > Quick question guys. What does the survey says about the common screen
> > resolution for home users? and what was the default screen resolution
for
> > new computers these days?
> >
> > thanks
> >
>
>
>

Re: screen resolution

I never browse full screen either. I think that’s ridiculous on larger
screen resolutions, plus, I prefer to have use of other space on my
screen for different windows.

John R. Marshall wrote:
> On Thursday 19 December 2002 06:48 pm, Gilby wrote:
>
>
>>The other issue is how big do people have their browser window? While I
>>have a 1280x1024 resolution, I never browse in full screen. Of course
>>that’s probably because everything is designed for a smaller size display.
>>
>
>
> I never go full screen. I like keeping the sidebar open.
>

Re: screen resolution