schwinn

what are schwinn munis like? does any one know a site to change $'s to £ or even a way to eg x3-1/2 or something?

that should help

You’re English, get a Pashley! (You won’t regret it, and you will save a lot of time piddling around shopping and messing with a second rate uni.)

A Pashley sounds good for the UK. Especially since Schwinn doesn’t make a muni…

Before anyone points out the ones on Unicycle.com, those are modified “at the source,” but didn’t come that way from Schwinn. If in the UK, best to order what’s available at Unicycle.uk.com.

i would

i would instantly get a pashley if they made a 24" because i have a “hoppy” style so i think a 24" would be better for me.but after much thinking i am going to get my uni from the uk as i think they have better uni’s in the £125-£150 area.

Re: i would

Don’t get a Pashley. Especially not if you want to hop, or have any intention to change the tyre or tube ever, or have a 3" tyre. The bearing holders are just too annoying, tyre clearance isn’t much and you’ll want to upgrade the seat and tyre straight away, putting the cost up to a similar level to the Nimbus Muni.

Joe

Joe Marshall is mechanically challenged. Get a Pashley. If you do, I will tell you how to change the tire, It ain’t that hard.
I have a 29er, it is a quality ride. You might get more for your money by shopping around. I am a traditionalist, so I got the original. Have fun shopping, read my review in the products section, ask Mike Fule about his Pashley, read the Yuni reviews, then freakin’ buy something before ski season!
carjug

I’m going with Joe on this one, I dont like pashley for all the same reasons that joe already mentioned.

The N2 is alot better all arrond.

Chex

I’m not mechanically challenged, I just do muni riding in bad weather, race and ride with other people, all situations where having to spend twenty five minutes using two spanners to undo four really tight bolts if you need to change the tube is a really really bad thing. It isn’t that changing the tyre on a pashley is hard, just that it’s ten times harder than on a nimbus II/Yuni frame, and you don’t gain anything with a Pashley, so what’s the point? Also changing the bearings is much more hassle with a Pashley.

I’ve got a Pashley muni, or at least the remains of one. I had to replace the tyre, the pedals and the seat before it became any good and recently I’ve had to replace the frame with a nimbus II as it broke at the lollipop bearings. With the Nimbus II frame you can just swap tyres in 2 minutes with just a spanner or 10mm socket. So all that’s left is the wheel.

It is an original, but what that means is that it’s 10 years out of date in the frame and 5 years behind in standard components.

Personally I think the pashley 29" is a bit of a con as you’re stuck with a nanoraptor tyre, rather than any of the nice fat 29" tyres that are actually good off road tyres at any time of year other than midsummer and the tyre that comes with the standard pashley 26 is annoying as it just isn’t a good unicycling tyre.

Joe

[QUOTE]
Originally posted by joemarshall
[B]

I’ve got a Pashley muni, or at least the remains of one. I had to replace the tyre, the pedals and the seat before it became any good and recently I’ve had to replace the frame with a nimbus II as it broke at the lollipop bearings. With the Nimbus II frame you can just swap tyres in 2 minutes with just a spanner or 10mm socket. So all that’s left is the wheel.

] I am genuinely sorry to hear about your busted Pashley frame. If Pashley wants to continue selling Munis they need to raise their standards or lower their prices.
I would love to give my Pashley a rave review, but I can’t due to the high price. It gets only a pretty good review. On the plus side, Mike Fule has had one for quite a number of years and it is fine. carjug