Schools out- Summer unicycling goals?

All of these sound pretty good. I have added another to my list.

Learn seat drag where its almost perfect and learn to pick it back up.

Kelly.

My summer goals :

Get-up, make coffee, then go back to bed and dream some more of that dark-haired woman that invades my dreams. :smiley:
Not a unicycling goal?
Well, she…she…ah, never mind.

Backwards riding

One foot idle and maybe after that, one foot riding

Seat out riding and hopping

Get an Onza trials

Improve crank grabs

Go to rubber consistently

Learn varial and, after that, unispins

Mount with left foot more consistently

Hop with right foot in front

I would really love to somehow pack my unicycle for Jambo 05. That would be awesome. kOther than that, get some distance riding down. My town is full of hills, whats the fun in having a unicycle if I can’t get anywhere with it. After that, I might try some hopping.

e39m5

Im adding another to my list: Muni MORE

I love muni, but I hardly muni enough.

i want to learn stand up ww-ing sometime- but i dont really ride much anymore. im working 30 hours a week now and have really gotten into flatlanding again.peace.

Well I just landed my first 360 unispin after a million tries. Well I guess i will keep practicing it for a while till i get it down good.

I MUnied more today!!

I crash-landed a 360 unispin once,without meaning to. I just spun the heck out of it and didnt even TRY to land it, but one foot caught on the crank and I landed,then crashed and burned.

My first goal is to get spinning down so I can pass levels six and seven. After that get a trails and break something important. I’m going to be away from my uni for most of the summer though…

I have a couple of tries of my 360 unispin on video. I will try to post some of my falls then my successful attempt. Im still learning how to put vids online.

I want to learn to idle. I havent ridden very much. Ive been working on my juggling :confused:

Time for some new goals already… and summer hasn’t even started. Today I set some personal bests… I can gap across railroad tracks now, which, according to some site, is a 4 foot, 8.5 inch gap (1.44 meters). I also stuck a side hop up on to a loading dock that 25 inches (64 cm) a few times.

I want to get my side hop up to 3 feet this summer… that’s probably going to take a while though… and pedal grabs at least a meter high… I’ll post a video compilation as soon a I get enough footage, if anyone wants to see it.

Dave

i’ve been riding about 5/6 weeks so my goals seem to pale in comparison to some of the others posted here but here goes…
lean to idle
get hopping up kerbs consistant
get riding backwards down (can do 2/3 revolutions at the mo)
try skinny riding
figure out 1 footed properly ( i managed a revolution the other day by accident and then fell off due to the shock of doing it!)
get my first pedal-bite ( not for the pain you understand, but more for the fact that i need the “badge of honour” feeling that comes with it)
learn to 180

and that should just about do it for the nex month or so. oh yeah, i forgot one last one…
get health insurance!

matt

hi this is bubba…i was wondering how to go up a curb on a unicycle

Thats very good for someone whos been rding 5/6 weeks. Keep going!

Cheers. i do have the added benefit of being MrBoogiejuice’s brother, hence i have a kh muni, an onza trials and a coker all sat in our hallway, plus i’ve been subjected to watching many uni videos, pics, etc which helps!

matt

(p.s. i’m the elder, better-looking, more intelligent one!)

School’s back in, summer’s waning… how’d everyone do on their goals? I sucked.

My gliding did get better, but I sprained my ankle and havn’t been able to ride too much. Rail riding is a joke now :frowning:

For my friends… I got them, as well as myself, addicted to gambling. Hmm.

Dave

I haven’t been following my goals too closely. I’ve practiced pirouettes a lot for level eight, but it’s really hard to count the revolutions, so I don’t know how close I am to doing a proper one. I haven’t practiced backward spins much at all, since I find them very boring.

My sideways wheel walk is getting quite good, and I think I can probably get into and out of it 50% of the time if I do the transitions the easy way.

I’m pretty sure I’ve coasted 50 meters several times.

I can side ride a little and have even gotten the transitions a few times (though not on the same run), but I still need to improve a lot.

I can do stand-up glide reasonably well, but I still get the transition into it less than 50% of the time, even on a good day.

Backward seat dragging hasn’t really gone anywhere, but I am making a lot of progress now with backward coasting, which is a lot more fun, and a lot less painful.

Ok well hmm… i must have been high when i made this list… haha well my 20" broke like before school got out… so then i saved my moeny to buy a trials or coker… and the coker prevailed… and im damn glad. i can no glide with ease but i never got really good at stand up ww… oh well

Chase

I’ve landed a 360 unispin…still can’t barely ever do it though. darn. pretty much the same with all the others too, I’ve landed a 180 unispin drop, but can’t do it all the time. and I’ve got seat drag down really well, but can almost never ride out of it…
yeah, this summer was pretty productive (: