Schlumpf uni on udc, why so expensive?

Yeah i just saw which is why i changed it to £ on xe.com. As you can see now. But thanks for the heads up friend. :smiley: :smiley:

for changing the seat height on the frame why couldnt you cut the seattube(/seatpost) and shim a smaller seatpost to fit inside of the old one. then you could adjust the height normaly.

lol not without a seatpost clamp, and i’m guessing u cant adapt those very easily

it’s only 25.4mm, which means that you’d have to use 1.6mm tubing and fit a 22.2 seatpost inside. Which would be a bit rubbish.

Joe

I understand florain doesnt sell the hubs on their own specifically so people cant try and bodge them on to different frames. The force in the torque arm is enormous, the schlumpf frames have a boss welded in to them to deal with this, just drilling a hole thorugh say a nimbus frame and bolting would not be a good idea. I modified a Qu-Ax penny farthing to accept a schlumpf wheel, you can grind down the inside of nimbus style pressed steel bearing housings quite easily. However even a half dozen thick cable ties couldn’t hold the torque arm for very long.

It’s not a welded boss, at least on the current frames, it’s a big old bolt plus some great big washers, the whole boss can just be unscrewed (you do to to change the wheel). I don’t know what the part is called, but if they’re not custom, you could just buy the bolts yourself and drill the right holes yourself. There’s a different sized hole on each side of the frame and you’d have to make sure to get the holes perfectly straight, but there’s no welding involved.

Joe

Ah, we’re talking about different schlumpf frames I think. Incidentally I heard rumour at one point that the hole drilled in the web on nimbus 36 frames was for the schlumpf torque arm bolt, but this may well have been speculation rather than fact.