⚙ Schlumpf hubs produced again

Borrow/use my G29 and see how you like it or not?

G36 125mm c-c hub? What does it mean? A symmetrical hub with an EBD? I don’t know if it will be built

125mm bearing distance

Thanks Gockie, I sent you a message.
How is it going with the G29?

Understand. However it seems that 125 will only be with the inner disc option, so no way for a 125mm symmetrical option

1 Like

This would most likely have been my primary choice if 26’’ was still a popular wheel size in mountain biking. But I prefer wheel sized I also own as bicycles because it lets me reuse tires. I once had a 29er tire that was almost unrideable on the uni because it was uneven and would drag the uni to one side. It was however perfectly useable on a bicycle.

2 Likes

What do you mean by symetrical ?

On my ungeared KH36, I’m sometimes getting speeds of 25km/hr on straights and slight downhills now.
Feeling that I am limited by my cadence with the 127mm cranks.
Don’t want to go smaller on cranks as with 127mm cranks, I’m able to hill climb most hills (up to 12% grade)
Concentrating on smoothness of pedaling to keep higher speeds.
Looking forward to new cadence range/speed with Schlumpf hub.

Man I hate being over taken by bicyclists casually pedaling past.

2 Likes

Just overtake them up the next hill. :grin: And don’t forget to call out “passing right”. That always makes my day.

1 Like

Passing left* :innocent:

In Australia, it’s passing right because we drive on the left!
One of those things unfortunately inherited from Britain.

I know, that was kind of a joke :grin:
Those British do nothing like normal people :innocent:

Get used to it as even with a schlumpf you will still get overtaken a lot. It requires a very high skillset to ride in high gear all the time.

Having ridden both geared and ungeared 36’s you should go to 110mm cranks for ungeared as the pedalling smoothness is so much better and with practice you can climb just as easily.

1 Like

Thanks Unigan,

Ok, I’ll order 110 cranks at the same time I’m getting frame and stuff for the G36.
I might go for two 36” unicycles geared and ungeared.
I hardly use my KH29, I might take parts off that.

1 Like

You can have a 100mm hub without disc attachment. You can have a 100mm hub with disc. You can have a 125mm Schlumpf with disc. You cannot have a 125mm hub without a disc. I wish I could buy a 125mm with no disc to use it with a new 36er nimbus frame and an EBD on the right and a well balanced rope spokes carbon wheel… but Florian wrote me there won’t be any 125 without disc

Oh yeah, during MS Gong ride couple weeks ago, it was surprising to me and especially to the bi-cyclists when over taking them all on the long moderate uphills. “Passing right”

I haven’t started making frames again, but the workshop is ready to move in, so I’ll get building soon-ish :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Sorry but I don’t understand your issue, on the 125mm Schlumpf hub, you can remove the internal disc and put the disc outside on Spirit crank ? But OK you cannot have the optimum spoke angle on the left side …

The real issue is that there is no 125mm 36" frame with disc tab on the right side, only on the left side. The Nimbus Oracle new frame with both disc tabs is a 100m bearings distance, not 125mm !

D’brake would be a solution, but not sure it would hold great with a Schlumpf hub :thinking:

That must make for an odd spoke angle one side. My 27.5 with 100mm and internal disk is rather asymmetrical, but the spokes on a 36 would be near perpendicular. Any problems with such a setup?