⚙ Schlumpf hubs produced again

You know, if you have too much money, you can send it to me :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Less and less… especially since I just bought tickets for the Olympics… :cry:

In any case, if you intend to pay your schlumpf by Paypal, ask for confirmation that the email address is correct otherwise you risk being deprived of 1000€ during 10 days…

Impatient hub purchaser post alert :rotating_light: :joy::see_no_evil:

I have been ever so slightly twitchy, wondering when a tracking email would arrive.

I’ve been genuinely kind of expecting some news either on the website - or a shipping email as we’re after week 9.

I did ask for an update - and I got this in case helpful to those in the same admittedly stupidly impatient phase:

We can’t promise anything yet.
We are currently producing production lots of 20 units each, that ship every 2 weeks approximately. We fill orders in the order they are received. Your order is in lot 1, we are trying to move as quickly as possible, but the production time of each hub is considerable and cannot be shortened at will.

I’m totally fine with the production taking the time it needs, but I think I had been somehow led to picture production as having been completed and it was now a kind of short-ish process for the hubs to get set up and boxed and shipped now that payment was complete.

I guess perhaps production here really means final assembly and/or engraving etc.

I’m not going to hold my breath much - just hope emails arrive soon — next week or the one after :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Who needs a Schlumpf hub, when you can ride your geared mtb unicyclish? :wink:
mtb_wheelie

5 Likes

Makes my unicycle saddle look comfortable

2 Likes

It`s a handle saddle. (not the one from M4O)

6 Likes

you could take a small children’s MTB and attach a good pad to the handlebars and you would have a multi-speed freewheel Muni for a fraction of the price. With a Huni Rex, the freewheel would probably also be easy to implement

1 Like

Has anyone got news since last week?

Unfortunately, no.

Just read this old post from 2004 re the hubs via Wayback Machine.

Fascinating to see how long ago this all started. I mean I roughly knew the timeline and details but I stumbled across this old link and it was great to see it accessible.

https://web.archive.org/web/20050225004254/http://www.velovision.co.uk/cgi-bin/show_comments.pl?storynum=593

6 Likes

Just got an email. Today is sending day for mine!

6 Likes

Same here. Can’t wait! Happy hub day people in the first batch.

Sadly they did mess up my engraving:

However, we have to confess something, our employee has seen too late that a DWG file is available, so only the name was lasered.

A tiny bit annoying but I’ll cope!

3 Likes

No email for now. Hope I’m in the first batch as I’ve placed my order pretty early :scream:

2 Likes

I think it is going to be an amazing hub. Been convinced for ages.

But what frankly isn’t so amazing is the communication.

Yes I have sympathy and all that for what they’re facing orders wise - but it is a product purchased at no small € £ price, so some sense of order progress and organisation wouldn’t have gone amiss.

I hope you get your email soon, and the batches move forwards more smoothly :crossed_fingers::pray::gear:

2 Likes

Same over here

1 Like

Edit: just got an email that my hub will be shipped today :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wondered what’s the serial number pattern of these new hubs? (e.g. the previous generation starts from M0800)

1 Like

Delivery :package: :truck: due TODAY… so I’ll find out shortly.

Photos and vid due as I’m pretty darn excited to see these beasts and how they stack up.

8 Likes

:gear::eyes:

…. :hourglass_flowing_sand:

16 Likes

The de-boxing of this hub is next level.

If you prefer to wait and experience this for yourselves. Those that ordered, do. But below are some photos - video due soon!

:gear::star_struck:

Spoiler Photos

Well I can tell you it is MAGNIFICENT. I was expecting quality but not this much. The unboxing experience was so polished and next level.

And the weight of the hub. It feels so well engineered. I knew it was good before but this is earth shatteringly good.

Here are some photos and I am going to edit a video about it soon.

Hope they kind of do it some justice.

Can’t get a quick video up here, but have done so on instagram — :mag: mindbalance.cc

10 Likes