Schaeffer Farm Maryland muni

I ride here a couple of times a week and really enjoy these trails. I am told that a few other muni riders also use these trails. If you are one of them and would like to ride together let me know.

It’s a pity that no one has replied to your message. I’d like to join you sometime but I will not be available for the next few weeks.

I am also pretty busy the next several weeks. When your schedule looks better let me know and we can plan a ride.

Schaeffer video

If anyone is interested in riding muni at Schaeffer Farm in Germantown, MD, here is a video of me riding there this summer. It will give you an idea of what the trails are like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCkZtt-WwSk

I enjoyed that video! Looks like a fun place to ride and your editing was A+.

Nice vid. How’d the mtb race out there go?
ro

The race started out great but took a bad turn. The race organizers didn’t know which category to put me in so they created a uni category and started me after all the other riders. The first couple of miles are fast so it took me about 15 minutes to start catching up to and passing some bikes. On a steep hill all of a sudden there were about 8 riders off their bikes. They were doing CPR on a guy in the middle of the trail - no breathing, no pulse. I watched to see if there was anything I could do but they had several people working on him and 911 had been called. I ended up continuing and finishing the race but felt really bad about the fallen rider. He was 52 and died of a heart attack on the trail.

wow, kind of ruins the fun of catching bikers if they’re keeling over. seriously, that sucks.