scared to jump?

The best advice has already been given…work your way up…another really easy way to get over your fear of jumping down, is to jump up something (of course, this only works if you can jump that high)…I used to be really nervous about going off 1-2ish foot drops, but now that I can jump that high, it doesn’t seem high anymore. The only reason it’s intimidating is because you always underestimate your own limits. That’s why you have to just suck up and go for it. More often than not, you’ll be able to…the human body is a lot more capable then your mind wants it to be most times.

the only thing im really scared of is reaking my uni mainly. i did the 3 foot drops onto wood chips and a soft underground at this lil park i found.:smiley: it was really fun but i was so afriad that i would break the pedals off or i would bend the rim or hub maybe. but then ill just get a new one.

No.

dang it! but hey i learmed on it. also today i did a few lil 1 foot gaps. and a 2 foot drop i found a 6ft one onto wood chips but i dont think my uni would hold up for that. :roll_eyes:

After you get the courage to do some high ones youl think nothing of the 4-5ft drops, what kind of uni are you using. If you are using one with a splined set up you shouldnt really worry about breaking the uni. But for breaking yourself its kinda hard to hurt yourself on drops 5ft and lower. I droped 8 ft on a sprained ankle, that kinda hurt lol. But what you need to do is just try to get over your fear and JUMP. After a fwe times it iwll go away and you wont think anything of it, youl be doing 180s off of the drops you are scared of now without even thinkign of it. I know that youl get over it after a few times, I was a lil scared of a 70 ft drop into water the other day(not on a uni sry guys) I just jumped and after the first time i just wanted to do it again lol. So now worrys just hit it up do it a few more times, and you wont htink anything of it later bro no worrys.

got it.

So have you tried hittin up the drops again bro? Have tehy gotten easier?

yah i did i got on some benches again and then did some 3 footers (into woodchips not solid concrete) im so glad that my uni is still up. lol i cant wait to get my qu ax! oo and hey whats a better crank, kris hom onza or qu ax i really need to know!

Thats a very arugueable point…Look in the Product reviews forum, there should be some threads comparing them in there…Personnaly i like the 03/04 KH cranks, they are very similar to the Qu-Ax. Ive never had a problem with them though they are a little creaky, but thats normal for that setup.

So I should stop jumping off of our truck bed? I weigh 150 and I have a LX 20’'. I don’t have the money to buy a new one yet. Christmas, maybe.:smiley:

yah i agree with this top guy. i jumped off this thing in my front yard lotsa times and its 3 feet and it still works just fine. oo well i hope it breaks quick lol. :smiley:

oo hey i just went outside and did it 3 more times and it still works whats up with you people?

ok so maybe i underestimated the strength of the LX hub, but seriously, i only weigh 130 and bent the hell out of my CX hub in about a month of jumping off 2 sets.

the LX must be stronger, but i still wouldnt do anything over 5 ft on an LX, especially at 200 lbs.

well actually i i did bend the hub and i was invivted to do uni this weekend. :roll_eyes: but that means ill just get the QU AX i want:D

ilosttheotherwheel: your lx will DEFINITLY not hold up to a 3 or 4’ drop if ur 200lbs.
go get a strong splined trials for that kind of stuff!

well is the qu ax any good? that was the one i wanted to get from municycle.com. i really need peoples opinion.

ive never riden the qu-ax but ive heared its not splined. ill check on that tho

ok well they dont sell the qu-ax trials on UDC america, so idk were ull get it. whatever its not splined.

this
was the one i was gonna get and its 300 for a 10 splined hub. and its lighter than the other one.

Qu-Ax makes a great trials uni.

Weight doesn’t matter, so dont worry about that factor.

Don’t think about the jump, just do. You wont get hurt if you dont wreck.