save your crotch

lol I’ve been riding 5 months and learning to position my balls properly was the first thing I learnt!

But I’ve only hurt them a couple of times and that was when I pulled out of a trick before landing.

ive been thinking of shaving…that seems to be what gets pulled on long rides.

DON’T SHAVE!
It’s the most uncomfortable thing to do. It is soooooo itchy when you do it! The only way to stop it itching, so I’m told by girls, is to KEPP shaving. If you let it grow back then it becomes very, very uncomfortable!
Plus, what girl is going to believe you are straight if you have shaved balls?!

THINKING about shaving? sorry about this, but u dont shave?? :open_mouth: its normal, at least where i live… hehe… but for bigger jumps and stuff like that… put some ice on them and they get smaller :smiley:

It’s only itchy for a day or two, after about 2-3 days not shaving, depends what kind of hair you have, how thick it grows in, etc…

I would say it’s a better idea to only trim the hair down if you have never shaved it completely before. That way you don’t have to deal with any itchiness or ingrown hairs from sitting on them.

if your showing a girl your balls (shaved or unshaved)… chances are shes not going to think your gay, silly.

Interesting idea, but I know, for fact, that if my buddies learned that I had something tied around my balls and sticking out the front of my shorts that there would be no end to my pain.

Bike shorts work find for me.

I find that your junk is ok in tight shorts, but the soldier likes to take a wander! Then you’ve got the problem of sitting on him instead. (sorry for the blunt language!)

bike shorts would more than likely work fine for me too but i didnt have a pair lying around so i came up with the “sockstrap”. as for your buddies, id crack them in the face if they tryed to touch my nuts or anything attached to them… :astonished: that was a bit violent sorry I’m sure your buddies are really nice:D

To be fair, if I found out they had something tied around their balls I’d yank on it too. Why? HILARITY!

the sockstrap is only in its prototype stage, the reason i posted it was so that people with enough balls (excuse the pun) could test it and give feedback. i am sure that everyones junk, riding style, seat and personal tastes vairy its not gonna work for everyone, just an idea i thought id share. its easy to be immature about the subject but its a valid point of discussion for those of us who would like to possibly at some point in the future be able to have children.

fair enough :slight_smile: thats just how you roll:D

Bwaaa Haaa Haaa!!!

How “Tom Jones” of you to shove a sock down there!

Now I got an itchy case of Athlete’s-Balls

AND

Jock-Toe.

:smiley: thats a gooden, maybe you should of washed the sock first

:wink: Regardless of how silly the Sockstrap sounds from a distance it’s purpose is VERY sound. The first thing I noticed when learning to ride was how uncomfortable the seat was and how easily it can turn into a nutcracker. I rushed out and bought an airseat, and that helps a lot, but I still get a surprise squashing more often than not. Every time I mount I have to adjust and it just doesn’t look proper in a gym full of younger kids. :astonished:

I found a pair of cycling shorts for free on a “freecycle” email list I belong to and those have been a big help too. But the issue remains and I’m open to more and better suggestions. I may even try the Sockstrap!

BTW: I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one with this issue.:wink:

yea give it a go n see if it works 4 you., afterall everyones got a few odd socks lying around.

I don’t really understand what goes where either. Got plenty of holey socks about tho.

I’m sorry but your link just caused much guffaws from me.

Suspensories? sounds like something for your mind.

Tee hee.

T.

yea those suspenseries dont look very cool but if it saves on the unessesary squashing :astonished: then…

I shave, not for the unicycling reasons, but for others, and it has never itched when everything starts to grow back.

Lots of girls will think you are straight. Theres more pros to it then cons. Well, actually, there hasnt been a con for it for me, so its all good.

EDIT: Just learn how to sit better. Theres a certain scoop motion you can do with the seat and keeps everything from being under you when you sit down. For me its now something I dont have to think of, and adjusting doesnt have to be with my hands anymore. I cant exactly explain what I do, cause its just a natural thing I dont think of, like blinking, so…

Youll find something that works.

Well im keen to give it a go…
I’ve landed on my ‘left side’ a few times and it isnt nice.
If i dont go surfing tonight i’ll try it out:)
(The sock thing, not shaving)