saddles

Which saddle would be most comfortable for a man? KH, miayata(sp?), w/ air conversion or not? Maybe a KH fussion with some of the foam cut out?

if your just looking for comfort go with air :smiley:

the most comfortable seat you can buy is a KH saddle. but if you REALLY want comfyness, buy a Miyata and convert it into an airsaddle.

can you make an airsaddle with a KH seat?

The KH is great. I haven’t tried any others.

I think you have to try different saddles and see what works best for you. I find that the KH is comfortable as long as my butt is planted on it, but when I sit down my nuts sometimes get crushed. I prefer the Miyata air saddle.

yeah the fusions are made for them

i was considering doing this…has anyone tried it? is it any less bulky for holding seat out? is it worth the extra money to get the air pillow?

thanx

Talk to Joe Dyson…he converted his KH Fusion into and air saddle. It worked out well, I’ve ridden it and it was really comfy, and definatley less bulky.

Mike Middleton has converted two KH (pre-fusion) saddles to airseats, and they worked great, right up until he snapped the seatbases in half. He then got a fusion seatcover to go with his KH cf base, and it’s working great.

I use an old scrap KH seatcover, lots of duct tape, some carved KH foam, and a Miyata cf base for a saddle, and it’s great. Not the prettiest thing, but I don’t care.

I don’t use an airseat because mine always seem to pop. With that said, I find the comfiest saddles for seat out are airseats that have gone flat.

Either way, you should pad the side of the seatbase with some cut open tubing of sorts, sincer otherwise it will cut into your fingers during seat out.

well i think it also depends on what style hes doing. if hes doing muni or trials then i would not recommend a air seat but if hes just riding normaly without lifting of the seat then the comfiest has to be a air seat

well i think it also depends on what style hes doing. if hes doing muni or trials then i would not recommend a air seat but if hes just riding normaly without lifting of the seat then the comfiest has to be a air seat

that’s true. here’s what I think about saddles for different riding styles:
Trials: KH or Miyata
MUni: KH
Freestyle: Miyata
Distance: Miyata or KH air saddle
at the moment, that’s all I can think of…

Im making a viscount airseat soon for distance riding.

i love my air seat for muni. also, get a stiffener plate if you plan on doing anything that resembles hopping, or steep downhills. completely worth it. once i get an actual trials uni, i’ll probably run a thinner seat than my air seat but for trials on the muni the air seat does alright.

Were can you get a KH Carbon Fiber base?

Darren Bedford has them, as does unicycle.com. Unicycle.com has it as an option on style. Look at the link: http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=259

Thanks/ GF

Nice trials seat

Viscount/Fusion Air