S.T.O.M.P. Muni Fest

This came with my pedals. I thought it might be an interest to some of you.

1 Like

I will be there!

1 Like

This is a cropped picture of the back of that ad. Check out the size of that huge tire! Looks like a mag wheel from a car.

1 Like

I think they are advertising a Nissan tire on the website lol.

1 Like

OMG! :astonished: $25.00 to stay in a tent! :angry: No way! You have a choice of a tent or a hammock. I am not sleeping with dogs, bears, flies! I can’t afford to go anyway. Problem solved. :grin:

1 Like

Ha yeah. We are gonna stay in a hotel down the road I think.

1 Like

A wise choice.

1 Like

Well, it’s a state park, that’s what they charge you for the camping permit when you stop at the ranger office. You do get bathrooms with running water, showers, and convenient electrical hookups. And it makes for a nice festive group evening.

Can’t help about the bugs and the bears, and I’m part of the dog problem :smiley:

4 Likes

Have fun everyone!

1 Like

Awww man, I’m in the UK , I’ll never make it :sob:

Hi!
This event already has a dedicated topic here :slight_smile: :

1 Like

To be very honest about the camping situation, the Travelodge down the road from the park isn’t all that much better in luxury than camping. I’m planning on showing this year. If I don’t see it raining much a few days before the event in the forecast, I’ll give camping a try.

1 Like

No bears and no bugs in October. Maybe a few dogs.

You’ll find at least 10 hotels near the festival. If this link works, it’s the event field. Scroll out and you’ll see hotels. A lot of people camp around the field, some at the camp ground and others stay in hotels.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/hotels/@33.3223322,-86.7613995,123m/data=!3m1!1e3

Trail Information Oak Mountain Trails - Birmingham Urban Mountain Pedalers

Yeah, but, I’m sure the Travelodge/hotel/motel has a bed and we’ll have our own toilet and shower. I’m not super picky, but lets call it what it is. There is luxury, and then there is just good old indoor plumbing :smiley:

How odd. Before I created the topic, I did a search for a topic on this subject, because I didn’t want to repeat what had already been discussed. Nothing current came up. Old topic on the subject from the early 2,000s did, but nothing current. That is the only reason I posted this. :confused: