rolling hop

I’ve only been unicycling for seven months, so I could probably double this distance with practice.

Hmm, maybe not. But I’m pretty determined to beat the current world record.

Vid?

uhm no video of that.
i don’t have a camera, but watch my video if you don’t believe me… its called boing.

i already jump farther than it fairly regularly, but i know there are other people who can do it.
maximus unius’s drawing is a good thing to do, your body should be straight right after you leave the ground, but folded when you hit the ground… my avatar?

Are you planning to set a new record officially?

What other people do it?

I don’t know, i don’t think i will be able to go to any uni conferences

erm
joe hodges has(d) the record
someone broke the official one but it still wasn’t as big as joe’s gap
uhmm
theres a few other people, but i don’t think anyone has hit 3m flat
the gap in my video where I lay down before it is something like 12-13 feet across and 1- 1 1/2 feet down?

It was not a direct shot, and there was a drop to it (it certainly looked like it).

EDIT: I just watched it again, and it looks like you didn’t make it.

Don’t get me wrong, it looks huuuuge, but I want something a bit more credible.

i did make it, i wish I had a better angle of it though. its really hard to do that gap because you have to turn into it.

Get a good angle HONEST angle, with no drops or complications like that, and do your 3m hop!

lol
okie dokie
when I get my camera I will do it.

That’s me boy!

I’ll get my side hop gap also if you wish.

lol
dooo it
how big is your sidehop?
I got the biggest one I have ever done yesterday. It was like 5 feet over and 2 feet up…rolling of course, i can’t do anything close to that static

sorry about the threadjack

Static sidehop gap 2.0m

thats pretty good
I can almost hit that on a reallly good day
I hit 6 feet the other day… I guess that would be around 1.8m?

jsut landed a 51

51???
sidehop, rolling, up ?
cm… inches

ohh … my rolling sidehop (for distance) is MUCH better than my static

What exactly is a rolling sidehop?

idk how far i can rolling hop, How high can people jump up steps, I can almost get a 3 step, on days that i try a little trials, idk about my rolling hop?
Ill have to measure it. I can clear a lot of stuff jumping sideways though.

lol, really sad results on my rolling hop, I had 4ft, 5 inches as my best rolling hop on flat ground. But i liked my static side hop, I hit 5 ft , 3 inches, which i personally think is good, been working on them for about 30 minutes a day:D . Im not a much of a trials rider (street) but i do a little.:smiley:

51 inch rolling hop far