Rolling hop technique

Yeah, I know what you mean. At moab I never adjusted his tire pressure when I rode his muni and hit rim tons. I’m curious though, why does tire compressionhelp so much. I used to ride my tire so my rim barely didn’t bottom out on a no-prehop sidehop. In the middle of the ride I raised my tire pressure so it feels like a rock when just riding. My hopping height increased by about an inch (sidehop). I didn’t notice any difference in rolling hops.

With a rolling hop, you do not have enough momentum and force to compress your tire really easily, there for, you use low pressure to make it easier. Kris and Ryan look like they use somewhat high pressure for their side hops, it is easier to compress the tire with side hops and with high pressure, because you can put more force into your side hop. I do more side hops than rolling hops, and i run fairly high pressure.

-Sabin

I’ve heard that you should start compressing the tire before your pedals reach horizontal, like when they’re still vertical. How the heck do you do this?

Re: Rolling hop technique

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 10:19:24 -0500, “James_Potter” wrote:

>I’ve heard that you should start compressing the tire before your pedals
>reach horizontal, like when they’re still vertical. How the heck do you
>do this?

I read that too, in the other Rolling hop technique thread. I tried it
but it just feels so unnatural. So, any pointers? Is the advice sound
at all?

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

I was right when I made the mistake. - doofe