Rims

so the nimbus rim rules?^^

the nimbus rim is very good, its the same as the KH 05 without the crack (on some kh05 rims)

and its stronger than the KH 07 rim for sure. But not as wide. Its probably comparable to the koxx street rim but not as wide. but lighter.

Where did you get that?

The Surly Large Marge rim is 65mm wide…

I think he made it up.

well it has holes in it… ok the “for sure” was an exageration. sorry

this is wot kris holm said about them

ok he says about the same strength… but at the start he does say you have to pick strength or weight… so thanks i didnt make it up :stuck_out_tongue:

and this is wot rodger says about the nimbus rim

im just curious as to how many people have bent it?
does anyone know?
I am not sure how I put enough pressure to do it.

Maybe one or a couple of your spokes were a bit loose. If spokes are at all loose then it really weakens a wheel. Also if they were overtightened it can weaken the wheel, so its quite possible that that is what happened. Thats what happened to my DX32 rim. I busted some of the nipples so they just spun freely and then after a bit I put a big flat spot in the rim.

no, i tightened it like 2 days before i bent it.
i landed w/ all my force completely trying to break the seat off and bend the rim, im surprised the seatpost didn’t snap.

As long as it didn’t snap :wink: :smiley: :wink:

Any of the wider trials rims rock. 46mm and 48mm are awesome. They let the sidewall of the tire sit wider apart and it makes the tire tread flatter in the middle. I find for suspension and grip, this works very well. My old doublewall rim was about 30mm and I can’t believe the difference in tire response from my 46mm ViZ.
Just find a 36 hole trials rim you think you might like and give it a try. Most of the good trials rims rock!!

Still have a few of the 48mm ZHI 19" rims (silver) in 36hole…