Riding Shorts, Table Five

What kind of shorts/pants do you guys wear, and for what kind of riding? I just recently bought a pair of Activa DH Shorts for Trials
and MUni and was wondering if anyone else wore something like these…

front…

back…

thanx alot,

-Dylan

the air seat usally does me fine around town but on long rides i wear cheap $20 dollar cycling shorts under some cargo type shorts.

if i had any money left from all this unicycle crap i’ve bought latly,i would buy those $80 dollar Roach shorts hanging on the rack at the shop.

i got roach

I always ride with my roaches on cuz they dont "hike " up. I have three pair and one of them is a really ugly green cordoroit.

RE: Riding Shorts, Table Five

> What kind of shorts/pants do you guys wear,
> and for what kind of riding?

If they ain’t padded, they ain’t unicycling shorts.

In bicycle Trials, there is very little sitting down (at least I hope so,
with those toy seats). Padding is probably not an issue. On a unicycle, even
doing Trials I assume you will be in the saddle a lot more, so you should
have padding.

For trails I like the “double layer” type shorts, with the padded spandex
on the inside and some normal-looking shorts (with pockets) on the outside.

But for ridng in the gym, or any kind of high-performance ride, regular bike
shorts work well for me. No comment on how they look, or How I look wearing
them…

JF

I wear a pair of cheapish Lycra shorts with a foam insert, under a pair of slightly fleecy cycling ‘longs’. The longs have a double thickness panel in the inportant area, and are more or less skin tight, so they don’t flap into the wheel. With the shorts and the longs, I’m comfy.

Not wearing anything under the shorts makes them much more comfortable, at the expense of hygiene and elegance.

i wear Mecca shorts, their exactly like the Roach ones, only these are made in the same town i live in, only difference is that the Mecca’s are better quality then the Roach, and their made out of some sorta i guess heavy fabric on the sides, and on the crotch area its very thin, and it has no crotch seam, just one big piece going up my legs and around, i like them, only thing is that they go up above my knees, and i dont like that, so i think im gona go and see if i can get some shorts made for me, that dont ride over my knees.

Kinda off topic but not really.
How often do you guys wear out shorts? I’ve been wearing a particular pair or old jeans everytime I ride and I’ve noticed they are wearing thin in certain areas. I haven’t been riding that long and I’m not sure how much longer they’ll hold up. Will cycling shorts work better?

Re: Riding Shorts, Table Five

>Kinda off topic but not really.
>How often do you guys wear out shorts? I’ve been wearing a particular
>pair or old jeans everytime I ride and I’ve noticed they are wearing
>thin in certain areas. I haven’t been riding that long and I’m not sure
>how much longer they’ll hold up. Will cycling shorts work better?

My DH shorts are made out of an extremely tough fabric and are almost
completely water-proof. I couldn’t imagine them wearing out for another 20
years…

-Dylan