riding rails (protection)

Today, on a trials ride, I tried to ride the top of a fence (about 4.5feet high). After several attempts of only getting 15 feet (i kept jumping off at the same time) i decided to go much further. this was a mistake as my unicycle rode over a piece of plastic on the rail, the tire slipped and fell. as my balance was good on that particular flow, i landed on the rail with my feet on either side. this was very painful. :frowning: :astonished: I lay on the ground in pain for 25 minutes and then slowly walked home. My question is, does anyone wear Jocks or similar protection when riding/grinding rails??? Is this a good idea? i was thinking it might be uncomfortable when riding and might throw your balance off while doing the flow.:frowning: :astonished:

thanks for the help

I’m going to get some shin guards that protect all the way around the shin. Other helpful things might be gloves and elbow guards but apart from that, I think other things would get in the way a bit.

Re: riding rails (protection)

On Tue, 1 Oct 2002 18:45:47 -0500, m_extreme_uni
<m_extreme_uni.bvchy@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote:

>My question is, does anyone wear Jocks or similar
>protection when riding/grinding rails??? Is this a good idea? i was
>thinking it might be uncomfortable when riding and might throw your
>balance off while doing the flow.:frowning: :astonished:

Ouch!!! That sounded like a bad thing! Anyway, some time (a year?) ago
someone posted here about jockstraps. He used them to alleviate the
problem male riders have with unicycle seats. Search the archives.
Your fall would still have been painful though.

Klaas Bil

If you had this signature, I have forged it.

I tried wearing a cup while cycling- I did not repeat the experiment. Not fun.

-Christopher

> I tried wearing a cup while cycling- I did not repeat the experiment.
> Not fun.

If you’re young enough you could practice the sumo trick of retracting the
testicles back up the tubes then wrapping firmly to keep them protected.

I, of course, have great big brass ones, so they don’t retract.

LOL

way to go, u could do that. but i would think that wearing one would be good ur testicals are in teh cup and not pused right up against ur body, i was watchin sex files they said that its not good for it, they takled about long distance riders, and a unicycle seat is alot worse, its cuped and wide. id think a cup would be good but uncomfterable.

i have been thinking of a seat that has a hole in it were ones balls might be, so they theres nothing below it, so they can be free. :smiley:

oh forgot what the threads about

but yes riding rails is hard and fun, i have one outback i have pict of it, its fairly hard, not as hard if its only a short distance long, but if u have those concrete baracades somewere, and at the end sometimes they have a slanting one that goes up to the top height of the thing, u can ride up that and along the flat top, i have 2 that i ride, its real fun, once u can ride that u can try to ride it 1 footed, and walk the wheel. the 2 sizes ive seen sofar is like 4" and like maybe 5 or 6 " wide.

Re: LOL

That sounds like trouble to me. Think about what happens when you have a upd and your boys get caught up in this cup action…
OUCH
sounds to riskey for me

Last night I watched as a young rider practiced jumping his unicycle
from the 3rd row of bleacher seats. On about the tenth attempt, he
landed wrong and it was apparent that it hurt a bit as he stood there
bent over on his seat. From his size and very limited reaction, it was
also apparent that he hadn’t hit puberty yet. When I hit puberty, I
ditched my boxer shorts in favor of the lightweight swimming/jogging
supporter I use in track. It keeps everything together in one package
and yet is flexible enough to make adjustments as necessary.

u have a point about things could go very wrong if u got caught. but what if… the hole had slanted sides, not ones that go straight down, but a incline that goes up less steep, that way nothing shoudl eget caught… i hope :smiley: