Richmond, VA ride December 20th!!!!

Yeah, I guess I sorta agree with Chex about keeping it pretty lax. Not an actual event, just a ride. I’ll take a T-Shirt though! Is that just gonna be on the front?

Plus, if there is no “event”, who would angry parents sue? “The Hell on Wheel Gang”? ha, we don’t have any money!

I may, however, reacquaint myself with the trails there beforehand so I can remember where the coolest spots are.

Frank

I want a t-shirt. But I also want to be able to sue you, Trip. So I vote for no waver.
Frank- I’m up for a pre-ride also. I havn’t ridden any trails in quite a while.

John

im kevin from philly. nick is my unicycling friend, as well as joe(onewheelwizzard). im here to speak for nick lol. it looks like we are gonna be able to get a ride down but we are not gonna say its definate yet. when do we have to register by? and also where would we all be meeting?

I’m down for a carpool.

I dont know how efficent it would for you to meet up with me Brian, unless you would be comming through DC or northern VA. (edit: wow I cant read I would love to carpool brian)

I emailed Nick Brazzi about carpooling I figure whats the good of 2 (3) people getting lost when you can have 1 car get lost and uni with a buddy when your lost.

(we should figure out a good place for all of us to meet up)

Anyone else comming from the north is more than welcome to tag along.

Mike

Rides

Hey Mike It is definately easier for me to go through DC to get down there… i dont mind driving if need be i drive a civic so probably a total of 3 people (including myself) could fit in with unicycles…

oh yeah I will take a t-shirt too!

Later!

brian

there is no registration or anything like that, im just asking around to get a good idea of how many people come to prepare for food and t-shirts. i wouldnt mind if you told me the day before, but the sooner the better.

i wanna keep it laid back but i feel that i need to do some organizing just to ensure that it is a good time. dont worry, there will be no schedule of events or anything like that, just a group of people having fun on unicycles. the t-shirt is jsut for kicks. i just dont want to get into a situation where we are worrying about someone injured on the ground. since its not an official event we dont have to worry about waivers, but i still stand by my helmet requirement, at least for the actual trail riding. but if you guys disagree, we can talk about it.

it was originally just a small private group ride but i wanted to give people in the area a chance to ride with others, since unicycling events are rare on the east coast. this will be a great experience to meet other riders. i just know i had the best time at the NJ muni weekend. in my opinion, the more riders, the better.

because of the size of belle isle, it would be easy to split into groups if the number of cyclists is too great to ride efficiently together. hopefully frank can pick out some great spots for natural trials and such so that there will be plenty to do all day.

i cant wait :slight_smile:

sorry that i kinda dubbed myself “event coordinator.” if you guys want me to step back and just let things go as they do, tell me.

is everyone clear on directions and location and everything? december 20th, 10:00am, Belle Isle Parking Lot. bring unicycles.

I could use some better ones, preferably comming from the north

bring unicycles? what? why would we do that?

Directions from DC area:

Take 95 S to exit 76B (Belvidere St.)

Take first LEFT onto Leigh St.

Take first RIGHT onto Belvidere St.

Take LEFT onto Cary St.
(At fifth or sixth traffic light. Cary St. is next intersection after Main St.)

Take RIGHT onto 5th St.
(The streets count up, so if you see 6th St., you’ve gone too far.)

Take RIGHT onto Tredegar St.
(5th St. ends at Tredegar St., so you can’t miss this one)

Belle Isle parking lot will be on the right. Look for unicyclists.

One of us will have a cell phone on hand in case someone gets lost. It won’t be mine though since I don’t own one.

-Frank

edit: Here’s a map of Richmond

:(:(:frowning:

I’m not going to be able to go, I’ve got a flight to catch the next day and the 5-hour trip is sorta risky for that …

Error code 300

Urgh?

Onewheelwizzard: Sorry you can’t come. Trip mentioned setting up a DC muni weekend sometime in the future, maybe we’ll see you then. Do you know if obie and shadowuni are still planning to make it down for the 20th?

me and nick dont yet know if we’ll be able to make it. it looks as though our first choice for a ride(nicks dad) is not going to be able to take us. we’re looking for another way…any suggestions?

Frank: your link doesn’t work. it comes up as Error Code:300
unless that is what Richmond looks like

i think it links to the last map you looked at because when i clicked i got washington dc

Doh! I always seem to screw up links! Oh well, it was just mapquest, I’m sure you can find Richmond on mapquest if you need it. Sorry guys.

Yeah I just clicked on it and got Cville.

if you want a t-shirt, post what size you want