Richmond Trials Comp

Sorry Phil, I didn’t mean to not give you credit.

If people want I’m up for just checking out the trials event for a little while, and then hitting the Belle Isle trails for our main event, maybe make a muni weekend out of it.

Of course I’m still planning on having the 4th more-or-less annual Belle Isle Muni Weekend sometime in Oct./Nov. Click back in our gallery (from “Belle Isle” link above) to “Hell on Wheel Events” to see pictures and video from the first three.

Muni sounds good to me. I haven’t been on Belle Isle in probably 2 years.

i would love to go to one of thease belle island meets and in november i can finaly drive

PDC are you the other guy who owns a Rowing frame?

Yes, it’s a great frame. Mine’s set up with an '04 Onza/Alex DX32 24 x 3 Wheelset.

Oops, that’s the old hub. Here’s the new.

That’s a nice looking unicycle. How has it held up for you? Have you changed the wheelset since you’ve had it?

I just bought the same frame, and so far (city blocks only), the Rowing machine has been incredibly light and well balanced. It almost feels like it allows a lot more forward lean than normal, but that could be a strange seat attribute.

I don’t have my own pictures yet.

I’m down for it, but I havent ridden hardly at all thsi summer with summer school, vacations, rescue squad, etc., so my trials game sucks.

This place is really fun, and has great trails for Muni too. Hopfully some out of town/state people will come, I can house people if need be.

Rescue squad? kick ass
…or is that like a band name or something?

Anyway, yeah I plan to just hop around for like a half-hour and then hit the trails. And unless we’re talking rolling trials, I’m not impressing anybody either.

Just a bump. Has anyone else caught on to this?

Last bump. Who all’s coming? I was going to make a post on the bike trials forum letting them know we’re coming, but it wouldn’t let me register (must have some “unicyclist filter” or something). I’m going to try to be there around 12-1 this sunday, and again, I don’t plan to compete, just commune for a while and go ride muni. I’ve been doing an awesome loop up one side of the river and down the other that takes about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, if yawl want to do that. I’m game for whatever.

I’ll be there, meeting Frank (hell on wheel) at about 11:30. Looking forward to some great Muni. I’ll be more of a trials observer.

How 'bout it -

HUNTER
SKIPPI
JAMES
and the long lost Glazer brothers?

I talked to John Glazer (who’s also into bike trials) about it yesterday, and he said he had to work. I’m actually gonna go riding with him tomorrow at 10 though, if anyone wants to join us.

Like PDC said, I’ll be in the parking lot at 11:30 this sunday.

Here’s some directions/map from last year’s BIMW thread…that was a good time.

I’ll be there on Sunday to hug every other tree on the trail in my attempt to stay mobile. The only other unicylist I’ve ever seen is Frank and that was Tuesday; the man rolls straight up a hill, that, 10 degrees more verticle, would be a wall. I pretty much did this thing :astonished: and proceded to walk.

Blunt, you tree hugger. Do you need to borrow a 24" Muni? I can bring my Rowing for you to use.

does anybody have any extra seat post bolts?

Im missing one on my muni and it flexes like a mofo.

Which bolts? Do you mean the ones from the seat to the rail adapter/or standard post? I’ve probably got them. Just let me know which ones for sure.

the ones to hold the seat ontot he normal seatpost, to go on the 4 protruding bolts.

Im not too sure I’m going to be able to make it. My moms having some problems and shes at her sister’s now, and she said I couldnt go this weekend. Maybe she’ll regain some sanity by then, or I’ll find a way there.

Sucks man. If the issue is just that she doesn’t want to drive you, I definately don’t mind giving you a ride.

Believe it or not, I went to Belle Isle with the John Glazer today to do some natty trials on the rocks (he can’t make it tomorrow cause of work). While there, we met the kid organizing the event and helped him lay out some lines with caution tape. I think it will be a pretty fun time, and the water is low.

Some bad news on my part, I lost a contact yesterday so I have to wear glasses, which is just an annoyance (they fell into the river once today). I also woke up today with a crazy cold out of nowhere, and lastly I smacked my hip on the rocks pretty hard, and it seems to be swelling a bit. So, I’ll definately still be out there tomorrow, just not at my peak performance.