rew respect for coker owners

If you survived the muni ride, you’re certainly ready for hockey. We’ve had people who can’t mount their uni without using the fence play hockey just fine.

I didn’t get to crawley, despite being quite near to it that weekend, because my knee was broken. Hmmf. Maybe I shall make Scarborough, it’s only 100 miles away and I’ve been meaning to go to Hull anyway.

Joe

You can get an awesome box from me, with a free even-awesomer Coker wheel inside… or vice-versa. I’d even ship you a box only. It’s all good. Refrigerator boxes are better for playing in, but what you get inside is not as much fun.

If you’re having trouble mounting, put longer cranks on for a while. You don’t have to jump up as far and they give you more leverage.

The roll-back mount is actually really good if you are having trouble with a more normal static mount, or if you have fancy handle-ish things on the front that interfere with the static mount, if you are tired on a long ride, or if you are trying to minimize stress on your Achilles’ tendons. Just think that the pivot of the pendulum is above your head, and you’ll get it pretty fast.

Roll-back mount on a Coker is ALWAYS a bad idea. With the large wheel circumference even a short roll-back can travel quite a distance back, potentially interfacing with another Coker rider waiting to mount behind you. This causes great hillarity amongst any on-lookers, or even the rest of the riding group not involved in the ensuing pile-up, but red-face and possible bruising to those involved. Learn to roll mount ASAP.:wink:

There are quite a few Cokeurs around the UK - it is such a sociable way to ride unicycles and travel a fair distance. You will be amazed how far you can ride between pubs.:smiley:

Buy one now !!! And learn to roll mount it - it can’t really be hard if I can do it.

Chris

You are probably the first person in the entire universe to have ever said they wanted to go to Hull…

Phil

As all AC/DC fans will tell you, “Hull ain’t a bad place to be,” so it’s a good idea to get on the Highway to Hull.

thx guys and now a change of subject

sorry bout my speed in replying guys but i 've been on holiday im paris!

met some sick french jugglers and had a good blast with 3 diabolos. mite post pictures!

did you know apparently no-one has ever ridden a unicycle on the top floor of the eiffel tower??

well ne way sorry im starting to babble!
should i get a coker or not? i want one but think it will be well hard to get used to! what cranks shud i go for? 150’s?

any tips?

post here or pm me

bungle X

(prodigy type haircut (loosemoose)) lol

Re: thx guys and now a change of subject

1. No, but they have had several bicycle races down the stairs.
  2. Buy a Coker if you want to ride over 10 miles at a time, fairly fast, on the tarmac or on rough forest tracks. If this is the limit of your ambition, then you will have a lot of fun. Alternatively, if you want to put a lot of miles in, and learn to tame the beast, and ride it quite hard, on tarmac or cross country, you will ahve a lot of fun.

If your demon leads you more towards extremely tricky moves, lots of slow speed control, and not travelling too far, then maybe a Coker’s not for you.

150 mm is a good all round size for Coker cranks. They feel different from 150s on a 26 because of the feedback from the wheel.

Later, you can ride faster on 125s or 110s, or steeper or rougher on 170s, if you choose. Cranks are cheap, and easily changed.

What do you mean?