review: KH Pulse Gloves

CLEAR gloves!:smiley:

got my gloves last week and had my first fall today
they held up pretty good, didn’t come in red, instead in grey, still looks good though
i reckon the gel insert is a good idea too
and they’re really easy to dry out, (it was a rainy day)

the grey ones are the new ones, the old ones were red…

they are very nice to dry out, although they tend to be a bit rough after drying…

no i mean that its the exact same design
the mesh stuff is just grey
unless thats what you meant
yeah…

:smiley: I have the same problem. The annoying line:p

I got a pair of fingerless ones, and really like them. On the first few rides though, I came back with blue palms. The dye must have been on the low quality side.

Which leads to my question: how do you wash them? I up’d a few times in the mud/dust and they got pretty dirty. Haven’t dared using the washing machine as they’re part leather. Any suggestions?

Wasn’t there any hint at the packaging? I still have the original packaging, so I’ll look if I don’t forget to.

No … I looked and there was no hint how to wash it :frowning:

Thanks for looking!
I guess I’ll just brush the dirt until it’s unbearable! :smiley:

Hose them off. I’ve thrown mine in the washer on gentle with my other gear too. Haven’t done it often, and it’s an older pair, so hard to tell if it’s damaged them at all.

Hand washing & stink

I hand wash mine in warm water with a bit of normal laundry detergent in a bucket, then them rinse well and hang them up to air dry.

I do this every 20-30 rides because once they get soaked with sweat a few times they have a tendency to become colonized with very stinky bacteria and/or fungi, as do the Percussion pads. :astonished:

Others have suggested drying protective gear in the sun or rinsing them in dilute hydrogen peroxide to kill the stinky bacteria and/or fungi, but that’s only effective for a short time. While it does kill the exposed “bugs” there are millions more that survive the treatment and start multiplying once provided the nutrients and moisture found in human sweat. :angry:

I’m still looking for Kris to use fabrics that incorporate a permanent bacteriocidal / bacteriostatic treatment (like the “polygiene” technology used by POC) to solve this problem. :roll_eyes: (See: http://www.pocsports.com/en/content/view/new-technologies) However, it would likely add another 10% to the cost.

Incidentally, I read somewhere that POC stands for “Permanent Odor Control,” but somehow I think the Swedes that started the company had something else in mind (and probably in Swedish). (What’s Swedish for "Protective Outerwear Concepts? :stuck_out_tongue: )

BTW, if anybody knows of any reliable after-market silver treatments that don’t stain your skin black, I’d appreciate the info. (Maybe I’ll get Ubernerd working on that with his students. :wink: )

Happy trails,

UPD in Utah

We have a specific hygienic detergent to kill all kind of bacteria. I normally use it for sox. But maybe it would be fine for that to.

After a heavy ride I hose my gear off on the grass and let it dry outside. It doesn’t get stinky at all. But this would not work in a high-humidity climate.

I just got my new pair of KH gloves. These are SO different from my old pair of gray ones. I’m not sure how I’d wash these.

“I’d recommend hand washing the gloves in lukewarm water and hang to dry. Personally I just give them a wash with a bit of laundry soap in the sink.” - Kris Holm

Right from the source.

Well done Dane!
I didn’t dare bother Kris with such a mundane question… Now we know!
Did you get the full gloves or the fingerless?

Full gloves, I just asked on strava. But Kris always answers any of my questions I send in through his website too. We’re totally BFFs. Either that or he is just nice and helpful.

Hate to say it but I think he’s like that with everyone :wink:

Nothing but the best (KH Pulse) for my kids

Fingerless is easier for kids to get on and off. My skinny little 10 year old daughter wears my handed down KH Pulse fingerless gloves and they are size Large. The wrist protection is brilliant for the young ones. Kris’ gear fits well tight or baggy and it’s economical (especially with multiple children of different gender) to share and not buy another pair. My XL KH Pulse fingerless are my gloves of choice in the hot summer months.

She also wears my original Percussion leg armor (I upgraded to POC) in size Medium after I sewed in extra velcro.

You can wash KH leg armor in the washing mashing so I would guess it’s the same deal with the wrist guards.