*RESOLVED* Carbon Fiber Saddle Base

Looking for a CF base (new or used) preferably hex nut inserts but bolts are fine as well.

UDC UK still has Exceed Carbon saddles in stock if you’re just struggling to find something.

Clearly that’s the whole seat, but the cover etc. is removable.

Didn’t know about this one. And I though that the Nimbus Air had hit a price unheard of…

Considering that carbon bases tend to last even the most serious riders decades, the premium that they demand has never seemed too excessive to me.
When the availability of carbon bases was zero, second hand prices for just bases hit more than half that!

1 Like

What will you do with the base? What I mean is what foam will you use, cover , etc. Will it for trial, distance, etc. I built a mold and made saddles last winter. I rode them all summer (to test). There still in good shape after quite a bit of riding. Depending on what you are looking for, I could make you one. I’d love to post pictures but can’t figure out how :frowning:!

Here are a few pictures! Don’t mind the dirt please, it’s been used on trails and all sort of surface.

5 Likes

You can either drag them straight into the text box, paste them into the box, or use the file upload button image

Thank you it worked!

1 Like

Hi

I am looking forward to try Exceed saddles for Muni and road. For many years, my favorite saddles are KH Zero and One. I don’t really feel difference between those two. I like their flat profile and pivotal system but they are a bit flexible.

How does the Exceed profile ride on Muni and Road. I would love to hear opinion from riders who like KH flat saddles.

There are 2 versions of Exceed Saddle, thin and thick. Which one will you suggest?
@Benoit_Letourneau, what is your setup on that picture?, it looks very appealing to me.

Hello President!

I have a very old and bad memory of the KH fusion zero on a road G29 with a KH t-bar.

This year I installed the exceed carbon saddle (thick version) on my G36, I was hoping it would be a bit flatter and narrower than another saddle. I don’t find it much different from my old KH fusion freeride saddle, it’s about as wide, so I get the same amount of thigh rub.

I don’t hate it, but it’s the first thing I’m looking to modify on my G36. I plan to modify a pivotal seatpost to try a KH fusion one saddle. In fact, on my G36, I would need a pivotal seat post inclined 20-25° forward…

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.