Registration Custom Licence Plates

UNICYCLE-related license plates

Actually, John, I have Ken’s plate. Initially I found out that UN1CYCLE was available, but when I called back three weeks later, UNICYCLE had become available. Obviously Ken had given it up, tho you later told me that he also had the plate JOGS – clearly an exercise maven.

I’ve proudly owned UNICYCLE for three or four years, but it’s lately been relegated to my ‘other’ car because the family vehicle these days is a minivan (plate: 2G 1B, reflecting our children). I couldn’t talk Shirra into getting another uni-related plate – which was too bad because UN1CYCLE and UNACYCLE were both still available at the time.

Who else has a unicycle-related plate? Speak out!

Here are two available in NY

updking.gif

I love playing on the DMV website. You can’t believe how many ‘questionable’ words they will accept.

gotmuni.gif

Can you have any combination of characters you like as a registration in America, as long as it’s unique, without paying an enormous fee?

Over here, “interesting” registrations change hands for absolutely stupid sums of money. The result of this is that any “personalised” plate just says “hey, look at me, I’ve got more more money than I know what to do with”.

It looks like both “Unicycl” and “Un1cycl” are available in Washington! I think I’ll try to convince my dad to get it!!! :slight_smile:

In NY your allowed 8 characters, 7 with the state’s image included. It’s $43 for the plate and a $25 annual fee.

In NJ we pay a one time fee for the vanity plate but only the normal registration fee thereafter.

I considered getting JJUGGLE but never bothered to send in the form.

Here it goes by state, with each state charging different fees. I think I pay a $35 per year premium to have my custom plate (UNICYCL). Different states also allow different numbers of characters. NY is one of the good ones, as they allow enough letters to spell “UNICYCLE.” Of course David Stone is probably not likely to give that one up.

In Ohio, Jan Layne’s family has UNI-VAN on their big comfy-van.

Best (non-unicycling) custom plate I ever saw:
On a white Volkswagen Rabbit in Michigan:
ML8-ML8

UNI4FUN <—
UNI4LIFE <—
UNI4UPD
UNI4GURLS
UNI4FOOD
UNI4GAS

UNIMAN
UNIDUDE
UNIGURL