Refused Entry on the BHF London to Brighton

You know that is a good point!!

I don’t drive or anything though so all i could really do is stand at the finishing line taking pictures and screaming how great you guys are! :smiley:

i think i may of sorted out a "support driver " ok ok my dad in a van but it wiil fit a few unicycles and a first aid kit and some lunch in :slight_smile: i might also be able to get a doctor to come along just incase, accidents DO happen
sorry to heer about that juni thats real bad luck that almost happend to me once just put a massive dint in his door with my pedal :slight_smile: didnt wven bend a crank :smiley: i also got sandwitched between a but and a lorry last week now that was close :confused: see how you heal mate us young ones heal fast :slight_smile:

Thanks mate!

The only problem with that is £££.

I may possibly be too skint to get down to London. I’ll have to see if the guy who hit me comes through with his promise of cash…He said he’s gonna cover the majority of my loss of earnings :slight_smile:

Guess we’ll just have to se how things pan out…

Oh dear I’m really sorry to hear about your accident :frowning:

Well the L2B is only one of a number of things and I’m sure you will back after healing to do lots more :slight_smile: If its any help to relate to I fractured my pelvis in a UPD but I came back. At the time I just had to resign myself to healing so take things easy, get well quickly and dream about hitting the saddle again :wink:

That is all too true mate. I will definately want to do something like L2B if i do miss it…

Believe me when i say i have been tempted a few times today to try and have a little ride on the front :smiley: even with my broken toe and cast!

I live for the ride and now have to fill in 6 weeks without…What should i do?!

Got a 20" for some indoor work? Hone your backwards and idling with a little wheel… not too far to fall

I was just kidding mate!

I can’t even put weight on my foot let alone try and pedal :frowning:

Gonna need a new hobby to keep me busy a while…

I imagine the “i’m also on SSP so not sure if i’m gonna be able to save up to get down there” might rule that out.

Believe me i’m gonna try my best to get there to give you guys my whole hearted support…By any means :slight_smile:

Now there’s an understatement!! Sorry to hear about the accident…some drivers eh? Heal soon.

Thanks Jojoxie!

All this support from you guys is making me feel better already :smiley:

He (or his insurance) should be covering all of it, and then some.

Have you spoken to a solicitor? If not, you should.

What did the police say at the scene? They are obliged to attend when injury is involved.

If you’re not a CTC member, it’s probably worth joining to get their legal assistance: http://ctc.org.uk/

Hey danny thanks for the advice.

After the guy hit me he came straight over and offered me a lift to the hospital. I was in shock and i thought i only had a bit of bruising and scrapes so just asked him to drop me at home and get himself off to work so he wasn’t late…

After the shock had passed though the pain kicked in so my mum took me to hospital where i found out how bad it actually was!

Anyway i hadn’t thought to get his details or anything cause i didn’t think it was that bad (i know daft) But when the guy finished work he came straight round to my house to check up on me, which is cool cause he didn’t have to…
When he saw that i was gonna be off for 6 weeks he said he’d cover my loss of earnings if he could afford it (which he couldn’t) so we just came to our own agreement, the amount was decided by me.

I know i could have taken it to court, sued, or any number of things, but i didn’t wanna screw this guys insurance up…

Driving isn’t cheap in the UK and people make mistakes…He’s willing to pay for it but i don’t think he should have to keep paying once i’m sorted out.

Juni you are just too nice. OK so he’s a good guy trying to put things right but that’s what he’s pays his insurance for…you don’t have to pay for his bad driving…Just my two bobs worth!

Juni . . . Sorry to here about your being out of action, rest up and mend soon mate.

Open invitation - Uni London to Brighton - July 16th 2011.

The list updated - All comers welcome - just add your name.

1.)  Tom F (One Wheel Good) ---------------- 36" ---------- CONFIRMED
2.)  Roger Davies (OKish rider) ------------ 36" ---------- CONFIRMED
3.)  Sam Wakeling (redwelly) -------------- g36" ---------- CONFIRMED
4.)  Paul Royle (paul royle) --------------- 36" ---------- CONFIRMED
5.)  Geoff Bond (Monocyclism) -------------- 36" ---------- CONFIRMED
6.)  Steve Colligan (steve.colligan) -------- ? --------------- ?
7.)  Sam Goodburn (SamGoodburn) ------------ 36" ---------- CONFIRMED
8.)  Ben Glynn (stingingkneeben) ------- 29" or 36" ------- CONFIRMED
9.)  Alan Chambers (AlanChambers) ---------- 36" ---------- CONFIRMED
10.) Paul Stacey (NSTP) -------------------- 36" ---------- CONFIRMED
11.) Joe Sidebotham (SidebothamJ) ---------- 36" ---------- CONFIRMED
12.) James Gibbs (Juni) -------------------- 36" --------- CONVALESCING
13.) Alan Hogan (Alan Hogan) -------------- g29" ---------- CONFIRMED

Please note that this ride is on public roads and that riders take part at their own risk.

Hey guys…It’d be really cool if you could head over to Most Replies and sign my cast.

It’ll make more sense when you see it :slight_smile:

I’d like all of you to be on there :wink:

In terms of support, one of my parents will be around in a Ford Galaxy. With a roof rack, it can potentially carry up to 3 unicycles if anyone bails, as well as being around for general support.

That’s great Joe :smiley: Thanks.

I’ve just been sponsored by one of my local bike shops, hadron cycles. It’s a new one and run by really good guys. They are giving me all the gels and electrolyte drinks I need during the ride. Thanks Deniz :).

Open invitation - Uni London to Brighton - July 16th 2011.

The list updated - All comers welcome - just add your name.

1.)  Tom F (One Wheel Good) ---------------- 36" ---------- CONFIRMED
2.)  Roger Davies (OKish rider) ------------ 36" ---------- CONFIRMED
3.)  Sam Wakeling (redwelly) -------------- g36" ---------- CONFIRMED
4.)  Paul Royle (paul royle) --------------- 36" ---------- CONFIRMED
5.)  Geoff Bond (Monocyclism) -------------- 36" ---------- CONFIRMED
6.)  Steve Colligan (steve.colligan) -------- ? --------------- ?
7.)  Sam Goodburn (SamGoodburn) ------------ 36" ---------- CONFIRMED
8.)  Ben Glynn (stingingkneeben) ------- 29" or 36" ------- CONFIRMED
9.)  Alan Chambers (AlanChambers) ---------- 36" ---------- CONFIRMED
10.) Paul Stacey (NSTP) -------------------- 36" ---------- CONFIRMED
11.) Joe Sidebotham (SidebothamJ) ---------- 36" ---------- CONFIRMED
12.) James Gibbs (Juni) -------------------- 36" --------- CONVALESCING
13.) Alan Hogan (Alan Hogan) -------------- g29" ---------- CONFIRMED

Please note that this ride is on public roads and that riders take part at their own risk.
[/QUOTE]

Hey, do we know definetely when and where we are setting off? I was hoping to buy my train tickets before they become expensive.

Thanks!
Sam

As the ride is on Saturday there may not be a rush hour as we know it? Although I expect there will be more traffic than, say, a normal Sunday?

Nevertheless, I prefer Pauls suggestion of an earier start - but what the heck, I’ll go with the majority :slight_smile: