RedBull UK 2004

[QUOTE]
Originally posted by rogeratunicycledotcom
Have I missed anyone out?

Yeh Roger,

Me - Deb from Australia (was at BUC 9)
I’ll be in the UK from about 13th June to 28th June 2004.
I believe the event runs from 25-27th June? Its close to Birmingham right?
What does the ride involve for each rider? how many hrs of riding and how often etc?

Deb.

Deb, if you get the chance, DO THE MAYHEM, its an experience. YOu will feel awfull about half way through but great at the end. If a bit knackered. This year is a new course, new venue. BUT based on previous years , expect each lap to be 10-12 miles of mostly single track muni, with some sections of double track and some wider still. Expect both up and down hils, some quite steep. each rider in a uni team can expect to do between 2 and 6 laps during the 24 hours, you have to do 2 to qualify, the most I did was 4. The tough laps are those in the hottest part of the day, dusk and pre dawn( really hard to be awake enough at that time of day.)

The organisers are very happy to have uni teams involved, they think its good for the spirit of the event. The other MTBers are mostly happy to have unis there, it gives them someone to beat.The uni teams have a great co-operative spirit and will love you for joinging in as mixed teams are allowed 5 riders while single sex teams have only 4.

I think you would be the first Fairy to do the race on a uni, tho not the first on bike.
SArah

I can’t do it this year due to work commitments on the Sunday.
Ho HUm, I did it for three years.

mayhem? red bull?

Thanks Sarah,

Oh my god, now I know unicyclists are crazy! That includes me because I’m definately interested in giving it a go!

However I’m confused… what is the “Mayhem” and “Red Bull”. Are they two separate events or seaparate trails in the 24hr ride??

Deb.

PS. I may be a little more suited to doing the hotter laps than others there as our temperature here in Darwin most of the year is 32-38 degrees celcius. (I get cold if our temperature gets down as low as 15-20 degrees celcius in our dry (winter) season!)

Re: mayhem? red bull?

It is ok, they are the same event, it used to be sponsered by Red Bull but is now sponsered by Saab. So the name has changed to “Mountain Mayhem” but same madness.

You have missed joining in the fully unicycle teams, unless I can swing something with the organisers. If you are definately coming i will try it. If not do come along, I WILL get you a ride, spare female riders are rare and will get you in a bike team for definate. We did this with Yoggi last year (but he is not female), will have to do some negociation though if we do. Yoggi found he had a bit of a battering in the bike team because he did not really get time to recover and ended up only doing 5 laps, but with a bit more planning could have done 6 or more.

The location is about 60mile south of Birmingham I think, on the Welsh borders. If you find a map, go south of Birmingham, find M50 motorway then head along it for about 20miles and it is there. :slight_smile:

See you there.

Roger

I’ll be there

[QUOTE]
Originally posted by rogeratunicycledotcom
[B]
You have missed joining in the fully unicycle teams, unless I can swing something with the organisers. If you are definately coming i will try it.

I’m definately coming! (25-27 june 2004)

Thanks Roger, thats filled in the info gaps for me.

See you there,
Deb