Red Bull 2005 entries needed

This sounds like an experience not to be missed if possible, and with all this coersion, how could anyone resist?

I’m a bit of a newbie to the organised competitive muni scene, but I’m a pretty competent rider, will be going up in the world from 24 to 29 in the next few months and I love a challenge.

I’ll slip my name onto the bottom of the list then…

Roger Davies
Steve Colligan
Des Devlin
Chris Dobbie
Sam Dobbie
Mark Wiggins
John Himsworth
Steve Robertson
Joe McLean
Phil Himsworth
Leo White
Paul Royle
Mike Penton
Keith Griffiths
Sam Wakeling

Looking forward to it already,

Sam :slight_smile:

Numbers looking good

Thanks for that Keith & Sam.

Keith: I don’t know what happend there. For some reason I didn’t see your reply when I posted my last list. Sorry. I’m really pleased you’ll be riding though. You’ll have to bring Danny & Toni along as this is also a family event.

We’ll be sorting out the teams once Roger returns next week. Once we’ve finalised the number of riders we’ll be communicating via email and not this forum. I’m sure Roger will have all you email addresses.

Steve::slight_smile:

i am working on gemma.
she is almost convinced on giving it a go
will let you know monday

Keith I’m going to be out riding on the Coker most weekends between now and the London to Brighton, (19th June) so if you want join me let me know. We can head to a mutually convenient place possibly somewhere on the Downs?

Paul

After much umm-ing and ah-ing I’ve decided to go for it. I reckon I’d be kicking myself if I didn’t.

Kit

Thanks for that Kit. Can you reply to this post by copying the list of riders and adding your full name to it? Thanks. It also bumps it to the top for us! Does Roger have your email address? If not could you please email it to him.

BTW, the recommended unicycle for this event is either a 29" or a Coker (mostly 29). Last year though there were a couple that did it on 24" & 26" munis.

Hope you can make it to this year’s BUC.

Steve

According to STW the rules for Expert teams have changed slightly, in that all Expert teams must be mixed. Presumably this means all-male teams will be in the Sport category instead, even the really fast ones, so we probably won’t do as well as last year…

Is there a limit of the number of teams we can enter? Half the field is going to be unicyclists at this rate… :slight_smile:

Is Roger back in time to the required rapid entry form turnaround, or is that down to you too Steve?

Phil

Roger Davies
Steve Colligan
Des Devlin
Chris Dobbie
Sam Dobbie
Mark Wiggins
John Himsworth
Steve Robertson
Joe McLean
Phil Himsworth
Leo White
Paul Royle
Mike Penton
Keith Griffiths
Sam Wakeling
Kit Johnson

I’m pretty sure Roger has my e mail address but I’ll send it to him anyway. I’ll definitely be at BUC this year, got the time booked off work already. I have a coker and depending how hard I work/save, should have a 29’er in the near future. went and bought myself some super comfy cycling shorts today in readiness. Going to take them out for a test wear tomorrow.

Kit

Er, I don’t think any unicycle team has been listed as “Expert” (yet). Always “Mens Sport” or “Mixed Sport”. The fact that we happened to beat so many Expert (and Elite) teams last year just goes to show how good we are. :wink:

In the past Pat has kept 2 (and more recently 3) spaces for us. We didn’t have to rush to get the entry forms in. Sounds like someone needs to ask him to keep 4 spaces this year…

Regards,
Mark.

Re: Red Bull 2005 entries needed

Can anyone shed any light on what this means in practice? I’m guessing that matching team-colours branded comp shirts, shorts and helmets is too much to hope for? :slight_smile:

Sam

shame the fast team cannot actually enter in the elete category :angry: i am sure we would have whooped many arses!

Sam - inpractice sponsership means a free t shirt and subsidised entry (half price ish)

Des <all excited!>

Hi guys,

The entry forms are out tomorrow (8/03/05), so can I ask you all to email me the following details ASAP:

Name
Address
Date of birth

At some point we’ll need your signature. I seem to remember sending Roger a scanned image of my signature the year before which he put on to the entry form - he’s a clever chappy! We’ll (or Roger) will be in touch about that one. I think we sent the entry forms off last year with the signatures to follow. If you can send the above info now then that will help get the ball rolling in Roger’s absence. BTW, he’s due back from his hols - I mean business trip, later this week.

I won’t do anything about putting people in teams until Roger’s return in a few days time. Incidentally, the organisers of SSMM (Red Bull) are going to be a little flexible as far as the numbers in our teams. You normally have solo, 4 male, or 5 mixed. Steve Robertson & Joe McLean are making a two man team this year which has been OK’d by the organisers.

We’ll be splitting the remaining 14 into teams of 4 members in each. Obviously this won’t work at the moment, so it’s possible that we might have 3 teams of 4, plus another team of 2 riders. The other option is for 2 teams of 4, 2 teams of 3 plus Steve & Joe in their own team. When you email me your details please let me know if you would be interested in making a 3 man team. The 3 man team would only really be for the fitter/dafter one amongst you. To be honest this event is hard, even if you have 4 in your team. BTW, I’m interested in being part of a 3 man team (I’m just daft) if it come to that.

Sam: Roger helps out with the entry fees. I’m not too sure, but I think we ended up paying about £30 (ish) ourselves last year. We did get free t-shirts though, which was a vast improvement on the previous year.

My email address is:

steve.colligan@ntlworld.com

Steve:)

count me in too
Mike

Incidentaly guys: If the organisers think, for some reason, that we have too many riders, or not enough of our riders want to make 3 man teams, then we’ll be putting in 3 teams of 4 riders. This would unfortuantely mean that the last two riders would become reserves (Sam & Kit). Hopefully it won’t come to that - I’m just looking at the worse case. If it does come to that then I’ll have a word with both Sam & Kit about being reserves.

Speak to you all soon.

Steve

The team list is out: http://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=1597

What name are Joe and Steve R racing under?

Phil

“2Wheels; 1Each”

the team of two idea has started to smell like hard work since I got the confirmation card in the post this morning…

I just checked the entries, and we’re both listed as soloists :slight_smile:

They also seem to have missed posting one of our teams, Unicycle.com - No Brakes.

I’ll have a word with Roger tomorrow about that one.

Joe & Steve R - Good luck with going solo!! lol

No they haven’t, it’s just on the right hand side, a few lines up.

That got me when I first looked, but a post over at Singletrack mentioned someone else not seeing their entry on the right so I was on the lookout… :slight_smile:

Phil

It’s on the 2nd column, about 4 places higher than the other UDC entries.