Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Hmmm… I also want to do pole as a hobby…

“He’s got a frog!”

(The frog is because I’m an Enlightened Ingress player - it’s the unofficial team symbol).

1 Like

How do you have that water bottle attached?

Occasionally cyclist :bike: will match my speed and ask me questions about unicycling

1 Like

“Do a wheelie”
“Move it, Popeye” (idk why they said popeye)
Lots of “wow” and “that’s cool”.

1 Like

Bolts. The frame has braze-ons front and back. You can see the unused front braze-ons above and below the frog (there’s no bottle cage on the front because it would interfere with my knees).

2 Likes

Thanks for explaining that one. It really confused me.

From yesterdays ride:
“Respect”
“you’re doing a good job” From a biker going uphill , as I was riding downhill.

Best one of
“No gears I suppose?” From a pedestrian as I was stomping up a steep road.
I answered the question but did not stop for a talk, too steep to get going again.

Practicing freemounts in a parking lot today, a father teaching his teenage son how to parallel park said “Impressed! I wouldn’t try that if you paid me a billion dollars.” A few minutes later he came back to say “I hope you get paid a lot to do that.”

From an older but active women who frequently walks the park: [shocked voice] “Oh my. You are doing so well”

Shortly after from a guy getting out of his car: “Oh that’s f***ing bada$$”

Young girl after I passed her: “That’s cool”

The husband of the original woman (they were now walking together): “Looking Good”
All of above was from one ride to the park on my 20”.

Now for some past muni rides before I joined Unicyclist.com

A guy hiking: “Has anyone ever told you you are a sick b@$t@rd!” :smiley:

Mtb rider: “Oh man, now I got to lose a wheel?”

Hiker: “Someone stole your other wheel”
That was actually the first and only time I have gotten the king of cliche comments; so far…

From a group of women hiking: (while I passed them before going downhill)“Oh, I wanted to see him go down ” (during and after the descent) “you are a bad@$$!” “You’re a rockstar!”

An older mtb rider:”Do you know of anywhere that gives lessons?”

A woman on mtb: “I have one of those but I can’t ride it out here”

A guy hiking: “I used to ride unicycle” and later “If you want to see some cool unicycles search ‘Coker’”

1 Like

Bus honking, coming up on me from behind on a narrow country road. I thought he should slow down instead of trying to scare me (as a rule, you never honk at cyclist in DK).

A car passing me, I clearly saw him handling his phone as if he just took a picture of me. Again, maybe he should focus on steering instead, huh.

“You look good as you come riding”, my neighbour after I came back home. He passed me earlier in his car.

“Now that is full-on burger!
Please don’t tell me that’s a phrase now…

Thumb-up from a guy in a car. That’s it.

I think I have reached that stage where most of the locals know there is a guy on a big unicycle riding around.
Occasionally, I still get a big grin, which is always nice to see.

I wish I had that.

The 2 times I had a cyclist slow down beside me was to rub it in my face, I was missing a wheel…

Yeah, it’s hilarious [not]

If only I would have been more stable on my uni, I should just push them off the cycle path with their bad remarks. Like… “Say what!?, what are you doing in the ditch, don’t you even have control over your two-wheeler”

I hyperextended my knee last week and I’ve been taking a break from the unicycle for a few days, so while bicycling with my dog yesterday I had someone ask, “where’s the unicycle?”

2 Likes

“Hey UniBro!” - another unicyclist

1 Like