Quick Poll - heels or not?

That would be shoes with heels or flat soles?

Thanks a lot,

David

flat

Trainers; so ‘flat’.

My vans are FLAT!

Flat.

-mg

Is anybody actually going to say heels?

No

Flat all the way

Flat.
Vans or 661 Dually

Good grippy pedals are important too

flat heels…

o.O

Well I wear trainers/joggers/runners/whatever else you people call them. I feel much more secure with them because the pedal sits nice and snugly in the arch. Depends what your definition of ‘heels’ is. When I hear ‘heels’ I think high heels. :slight_smile:

Andrew

Yeah me too :smiley: and i sure as hell can’t imagine unicycling in high heels!

lol yeah. so naturally i wil just have to be an idiot and go out in high heels riding my uni and take pics of it. mabye a dress too… nah dont think ill go that far;)

Re: Quick Poll - heels or not?

I actually meant heels like in Blundstone boots.

David

“bobgob” <bobgob@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com> wrote in message
news:bobgob.1a7b6o@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com
>
> lol yeah. so naturally i wil just have to be an idiot and go out in high
> heels riding my uni and take pics of it. mabye a dress too… nah dont
> think ill go that far;)
>
>
> –
> bobgob
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> bobgob’s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7079
> View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/34211
>

Heels?

Heels… Brahma work “boots”, they look like sneakers, but they have a bit of heel to them, and steel toes… Good for muni I’ve found… When I wear my heel-less timberland sneakers I find I feel less in control…

Has to be flat. I like to ride with the balls of my feet over the pedals, wearing heals would not help, in fact they would only hinder me when trying to adjust my foot position.

Flat, I feel quite disconnected wearing boots on a unicycle. I wear Etnies Lo-cuts and sometimes Adios.

…flat …skateboard sneakers…yay, Vans all the way!

I wear work boots, they feel solid and protect my ankles.

I don’t think this has been clarified yet has it, but are we talking muni, trials, freestyle, distance, XC or unicycling in general? If someone mentioned this earlier, please accept my humble apology! :wink:

heels!

I realise I’m in the minority, but I prefer a low-heeled, grippy-soled dress shoe for riding. I think looks is the main reason. I prefer to be well dressed while riding, so as to present the best possible face of unicycling to the community. This helps to counteract the effect most of us present. Plus, I like that the heel gives me a reference point for positioning my foot on the pedal. And I haven’t found any good use for having any part of my foot aft of the arch on the pedal at any time. The heel sometimes saves my foot from slipping off the front of the pedal.

I don’t like boots because of the loss of ankle flexibility. It tires and annoys me.

While riding the trails at NAUCC, I came across a couple of other old farts who have the same, or similar opinions. None of us are as good as most of the people we see riding with VANS, but putting us in VANS wouldn’t improve our riding that much, I think.