Questions, Questions & more Questions...

Ive had alot of questions running in my mind for the past few weeks and while im rite here i thought i would put down all my questions. if you cant answer all of them just answer the ones you know, thx :smiley: .

1. c011in9s, who done the unispin tutorial, what is his unicyclist community name?

2. Can a double wheel ext kit connect to my KH20 Trials or my Standard20" cycle design uni? It sais something abotu the mainstyle cap bearing holders, i assume my standard 20" has the main style… it sais this-

1. Can you connect one double wheel ext to another one and then connect that to a unicycle to make it a 3 wheeler uni?

2. How can marks that strip the paint of so you can see the chrome be fixed or made better? paint it over with blue?

3. Theres a major problem when im doing unispin mounts. when i jump on teh wheel moves forward which stuffs up the crank position and then i can’t land properly… how do i prevent this? light hand pressure on handle when jumping on?

4. If I practice bout halfhour per day on my KH20 Trials doing 180 uni mounts, hopping and other beginner general stuff… how long till something brakes or i need a new uni? (i practice on pavement and some times gravel)

5. How do you land drops correctly?

6. what are the blue holes in the kh rim and what do they do?

7. what is a tandem and recumbant unicycle
    http://www.unicycling.org/btdt/unique.html (lots of weird unis?!)

10.what are the uni mags like?

1. what and how do u measure the height and stuff of leg armour, it sais 38cm top and 20cm bottom? hwo do you measure?

2. Do UDCA sell gloves? sometimes they have em in clearance stock but not anywhere else on their site.

3. can you use paypal to buy from UDCA?

4. who are the gold, silver and bronze medalists for-
    street-
    GOLD- Shaun J
    Silver- Kevin M
    Bronze- ???

trials-
GOLD- ???
Silver- Joe Hodges???
Bronze- ???

well alot of questions… see if you can answer them cos i really want to know. :slight_smile:

You could answer about 75% of those questions yourself if you searched the forum or used Google. I’ll assume you’re not too lazy to do the work yourself, and simply assume you don’t know how or where to search, so I’ll offer a few tips:

Try using the “advanced search” feature to limit your search. You’ll find your answers much quicker, without having to dig through so many threads… try playing with the “Show Results as Threads / Posts” feature and seeing what gives better results.

For answer #1, start by searching for c011in9s in the video forum, or the tutorials forum.

Looks like #5-#7 could be answered from the tutorials forum as well.

#10 is talked about in RSU all the time.

#11 might be found if you search for “sizing chart” or some similar words

#12 and #13 sounds like questions for UDCA’s customer support… have you tried to call or email them? They could probably answer #11 at the same time if you get in touch with them…

1. the holes arent actually blue…they are just the rim tape showing through…
    the holes decrease weight, and just look damn sexy.

and the other %25…

often when using the search tool i usually use the “name in thread” thing cos if i use all posts it will come up with a million. sometimes its hard to find what im looking for but ill try now.

I would assume only bearing holders that look like the ones on the extension device. If yours look different it might not hold/fit/be strong enough. This would be a question for the seller.

Boltwise? It looks like it. Will it hold your weight and the stresses of riding? Probably not well. Again, ask the seller.

I can’t make sense of your question. Got scratches in paint that shows the chrome underneath or something?

Impossible to know. It depends on the specific number of hard impacts and how hard they are. This isn’t about how much you weigh; it’s about how hard you hit.

Like a feather.

They’re the stuff in those pictures on that page there. Tandem has the two kids riding it (like a tandem bike; look it up). Recumbent is the guy in the green shirt (like a recumbent bike; look it up).

[/quote]
Like real magazines! Color, glossy, full of great stuff.

1. who are the gold, silver and bronze medalists for…
    [/QUOTE]
    In what contest? World champions? National champions for a specific country? Eurocycle? Australia?

I’ll try number 4

If you bring your uni into a big auto parts store, they should have a large array of tiny bottles of paint with a tiny brush inside. They can this “touch up paint”, and it is sold to fix small scratches on cars. As long as you pick the right color (they will have 25 shades of blue), this is the fast cheap way to fix small uni scratches.

1. c011in9s, who done the unispin tutorial, what is his unicyclist community name?

sp4rky-m4rky (I think)

1. Can a double wheel ext kit connect to my KH20 Trials or my Standard20" cycle design uni? It sais something abotu the mainstyle cap bearing holders, i assume my standard 20" has the main style… it sais this-

The KH’s tire and bearing mounts would be too big, so no.

1. Can you connect one double wheel ext to another one and then connect that to a unicycle to make it a 3 wheeler uni?

Yes

1. How can marks that strip the paint of so you can see the chrome be fixed or made better? paint it over with blue?

You could do little paint touch ups, but I’m not sure how it’d looj because the frame is powdercoated. If it got really scuffed up you could strip all the powdercoat off. It won’t rust because the frame is aluminium.

1. Theres a major problem when im doing unispin mounts. when i jump on teh wheel moves forward which stuffs up the crank position and then i can’t land properly… how do i prevent this? light hand pressure on handle when jumping on?

Don’t put weight down on the seat. Lift the unicycle slightly off the ground.

1. If I practice bout halfhour per day on my KH20 Trials doing 180 uni mounts, hopping and other beginner general stuff… how long till something brakes or i need a new uni? (i practice on pavement and some times gravel)

You won’t break it!

1. How do you land drops correctly?

Roll out as soon as you land, there is more force going forwards than downwards that way.

1. what are the blue holes in the kh rim and what do they do?

The blue is the rim tape. They make it lighter, but I prefer undrilled rims.

1. what is a tandem and recumbant unicycle
    http://www.unicycling.org/btdt/unique.html (lots of weird unis?!)

A tandem is one that 2 people rides, and a recumbant is one you lie down on when riding (those are my guesses, I’ve never heard of or seen either).

Expensive :slight_smile: I’ve never read one, they’re meant to be good.

1. what and how do u measure the height and stuff of leg armour, it sais 38cm top and 20cm bottom? hwo do you measure?

Measure your leg. It says how far the distance from your ankle to knee should be.

1. Do UDCA sell gloves? sometimes they have em in clearance stock but not anywhere else on their site.

Yes, under the protection category.

1. can you use paypal to buy from UDCA?

Doubt it

1. who are the gold, silver and bronze medalists for-
    street-
    GOLD- Shaun J
    Silver- Kevin M
    Bronze- ???

trials-
GOLD- ???
Silver- Joe Hodges???
Bronze- ???

There are medals for street and trials, atleast not that I know of. There are a lot awesome riders out there, it’s hard to pick a best because they can have different styles or whatever.

Hopefully I just wasted 5 minutes so everyone doesn’t have to :stuck_out_tongue:

One thing about landings drops: Watch a video of Kris Holm.

+20,000

He is ACE at drops…(and everything else…)

Oh, by the way, does anyone know if he is riding again? he was injured a while back (maybe 5 months)

Oh geeze, I kinda forgot about that. I should of asked him in my last e-mail to him.

I just emailed him about it…

Hope he is better…

about the unispin problem, “dont put all the wight on the seat just lift it up a bit” (somethign liek that) well the wheel moves before i land on it (well try to land on it). anway img etting better i guess its just practice. Ill check my emails now and i see if i got a reply from UDC. thx.