Questions: buying a new Unicycle

hey, i’m not the best unicycler, but if u r planning on getting the nimbus, you’d have to change the tire pressure every time u change from muni to travelling, or just get 2 different tires, and, because with the nimbus u’ll have more width of tire on the road, that is better for muni for more traction, but worse for road, it’ll slow you down, think about mountain bike as opposed to road bike, road bikes have smaller tire so they can put more tire pressure in and go MUCH faster along the road, you could go with a nimbus and get 2 different tires, one 3" and one smaller (width) and change them when ur muniing or going for a long distance :), if i were you i’d just go with a torker and put as big a tire as it can hold and just change the tire pressure, i’ve got a torker, the only problem i’ve had with it is the pedal spun off and cross threaded, so now it’s bent, but i think if you mark one side as forward that won’t happen :slight_smile:

I have a Nimbus 29er like the one Daniel (diano149) linked to. So far I am quite pleased with it and it seems to do everything that you want. It handles a bit of offroad riding alright, and it gets me around town pretty good too. I can average around 20k an hour on it. I opted for the Nanoraptor tire which is a hybrid- still grips offroad but will last longer than an offroad tire on the road. I don’t need to change tire pressure between road and offroad. When going offroad it isn’t the same as my 24x3" MUni was, it launches me off sometimes on smaller bumps if I am unprepared, but it is still a lot of fun. The 24x3" is pretty good too for getting round town and offroad, but is not quite as fast. I want a coker!

Thanks for all the help guys! I really appreciate it! I think I am leaning towards the Torker.