Question

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C0E318.6FBDBDC0

    charset="iso-8859-1"

One more question with this domain name thing. I want to register a =
domain name, I have 3 in mind. I already know which one I am going to
= register first. Eventually all 3 will be registered. Anyway...

When I register my domain name. I don't want them to host it for me, =
I would rather have them like forward the user to my site.

Ex:

User goes to… www.mydomain.com then it forwards them to where the =
website is… http://geocities.com/…/…/…/…/…/… (not =
necessarily geocities.=20

But do basically all the services offer this?

I will also get email when I register right? For some reason this whole =
email thing is just confusing me.=20

Thnx.

–=20 ~Sly

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C0E318.6FBDBDC0 Content-Type: text/html;
charset=“iso-8859-1”

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN”>
<HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4522.1800"
name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2> One more question =
with this=20 domain name thing. I want to register a domain name,
I have 3 in mind. I = already=20 know which one I am going to
register first. Eventually all 3 will be=20 registered.
Anyway…</FONT></DIV>
<DV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DVI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2> When I register my
= domain name.=20 I don’t want them to host it for me, I would
rather have them like = forward the=20 user to my
site.</FONT></DIV>
<DVII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DVIII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ex:</FONT></DIV>
<DIX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>User goes to… <A=20
href=3D"http://www.mydomain.com">www.mydomain.com</A>
then = it forwards=20 them to where the website is…
<A=20 href=3D"http://geocities.com/…/…/…/…/…/">http://g-
eocities.com/.= …/…/…/…/…/</A>…=20 (not necessarily
geocities. </FONT></DIV>
<DXI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DXII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>But do basically all the
services offer =

this?</FONT></DIV>
<DXIII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DXIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I will also get email when I register
= right? For=20 some reason this whole email thing is just
confusing me. </FONT></DIV>
<DXV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DXVI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DXVII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thnx.</FONT></DIV>
<DXVIII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2> </DIV>
<DXIX><BR>-- <BR>~Sly</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C0E318.6FBDBDC0–

> SychoSly wrote:
>
> When I register my domain name. I don’t want them to host it for me,
> I would rather have them like forward the user to my site.

You can get that for free some places. I’m sure someone here knows where.

> But do basically all the services offer this?

You can get it for substantially cheaper, most will. Some are free, but
you usually have to deal with popups… but if you’re into geocities
anyway I guess you’re used to that…

> I will also get email when I register right? For some reason this whole
> email thing is just confusing me.

Just ask for it… look around… you should get email.

Get Paid to Surf the Web! http://www.getpaid4.com/?shenacat

Shena Delian O’Brien * http://www.darklock.com/shena/ The Graphics Kitty!

domain.com will give you free forwarding and unlimited email forwards
also, no pop ups from them, so if you have web space w/o pop ups youll be
pop up free.


Tony Raineri http://www.woogu.com

“Shena Delian O’Brien” <shena@darklock.com> wrote in message
news:3B0B3FFD.5CEE5AAD@darklock.com
> > SychoSly wrote:
> >
> > When I register my domain name. I don’t want them to host it for
> > me,
I
> > would rather have them like forward the user to my site.
>
> You can get that for free some places. I’m sure someone here
> knows where.
>
> > But do basically all the services offer this?
>
> You can get it for substantially cheaper, most will. Some are free, but
you
> usually have to deal with popups… but if you’re into geocities anyway
> I guess you’re used to that…
>
> > I will also get email when I register right? For some reason this
> > whole email thing is just confusing me.
>
> Just ask for it… look around… you should get email.
> –
> Get Paid to Surf the Web! http://www.getpaid4.com/?shenacat
>
> Shena Delian O’Brien * http://www.darklock.com/shena/ The Graphics
> Kitty! * http://www.darklock.com/abstract/ Fantasy Age *
> http://www.darklock.com/fantasy/

domain.com or mydomain.com ?


Rodney Blackwell - site owner/administrator

http://T-ShirtCountdown.com http://TalkT-Shirts.com/
http://ihateclowns.com/ http://NewT-Shirts.com/ http://DomainJunkies.com/
http://EmailSources.com/ http://SellYourLogo.com/ http://JackAssMail.com

Make 50¢ an hour surfing the web! Get-paid-to-surf is back!
http://www.spedia.net/cgi-bin/tz.cgi?run=show_svc&fl=8&vid=2633282

“Tony Ranieri” <woo_boy@puckoff.com> wrote in message
news:9efh8p$cju$1@constitution.worldwebserver.com
> domain.com will give you free forwarding and unlimited email forwards
> also, no pop ups from them, so if you have web space w/o pop ups youll
> be pop up free.
>
> –
> Tony Raineri http://www.woogu.com
>
>
> “Shena Delian O’Brien” <shena@darklock.com> wrote in message
> news:3B0B3FFD.5CEE5AAD@darklock.com
> > > SychoSly wrote:
> > >
> > > When I register my domain name. I don’t want them to host it for
me,
> I
> > > would rather have them like forward the user to my site.
> >
> > You can get that for free some places. I’m sure someone here knows
where.
> >
> > > But do basically all the services offer this?
> >
> > You can get it for substantially cheaper, most will. Some are
> > free, but
> you
> > usually have to deal with popups… but if you’re into geocities
> > anyway
I
> > guess you’re used to that…
> >
> > > I will also get email when I register right? For some reason this
whole
> > > email thing is just confusing me.
> >
> > Just ask for it… look around… you should get email.
> > –
> > Get Paid to Surf the Web! http://www.getpaid4.com/?shenacat
> >
> > Shena Delian O’Brien * http://www.darklock.com/shena/ The Graphics
> > Kitty! * http://www.darklock.com/abstract/ Fantasy Age *
> > http://www.darklock.com/fantasy/

oops… :wink:

http://www.mydomain.com


Tony Raineri http://www.woogu.com

“Rodney Blackwell” <circle-r@pacbell.net> wrote in message
news:9efmpf$e8l$1@constitution.worldwebserver.com
> domain.com or mydomain.com ?
>
> –
> Rodney Blackwell - site owner/administrator

> http://T-ShirtCountdown.com http://TalkT-Shirts.com/
> http://ihateclowns.com/ http://NewT-Shirts.com/
> http://DomainJunkies.com/ http://EmailSources.com/
> http://SellYourLogo.com/ http://JackAssMail.com

> Make 50¢ an hour surfing the web! Get-paid-to-surf is back!
> http://www.spedia.net/cgi-bin/tz.cgi?run=show_svc&fl=8&vid=2633282
>
> “Tony Ranieri” <woo_boy@puckoff.com> wrote in message
> news:9efh8p$cju$1@constitution.worldwebserver.com
> > domain.com will give you free forwarding and unlimited email forwards
> > also, no pop ups from them, so if you have web space w/o pop ups youll
be
> > pop up free.
> >
> > –
> > Tony Raineri http://www.woogu.com
> >
> >
> > “Shena Delian O’Brien” <shena@darklock.com> wrote in message
> > news:3B0B3FFD.5CEE5AAD@darklock.com
> > > > SychoSly wrote:
> > > >
> > > > When I register my domain name. I don’t want them to host it
> > > > for
> me,
> > I
> > > > would rather have them like forward the user to my site.
> > >
> > > You can get that for free some places. I’m sure someone here knows
> where.
> > >
> > > > But do basically all the services offer this?
> > >
> > > You can get it for substantially cheaper, most will. Some are free,
but
> > you
> > > usually have to deal with popups… but if you’re into geocities
anyway
> I
> > > guess you’re used to that…
> > >
> > > > I will also get email when I register right? For some reason this
> whole
> > > > email thing is just confusing me.
> > >
> > > Just ask for it… look around… you should get email.
> > > –
> > > Get Paid to Surf the Web! http://www.getpaid4.com/?shenacat
> > >
> > > Shena Delian O’Brien * http://www.darklock.com/shena/ The Graphics
> > > Kitty! * http://www.darklock.com/abstract/ Fantasy Age *
> > > http://www.darklock.com/fantasy/
> >
>

See http://wwsi.net/parking.html - email and domain forwarding is
included, as well as 1 year of registration, for only $25.00 per domain.


JD

“Of course that’s just my opinion, I could be wrong . . .” Dennis Miller


SychoSly wrote in message
<9efen8$bqb$1@constitution.worldwebserver.com>… One more question with
this domain name thing. I want to register a domain name, I have 3 in
mind. I already know which one I am going to register first. Eventually
all 3 will be registered. Anyway…

When I register my domain name. I don't want them to host it for me, I
would rather have them like forward the user to my site.

Ex:

User goes to… www.mydomain.com then it forwards them to where the
website is… http://geocities.com/…/…/…/…/…/… (not
necessarily geocities.

But do basically all the services offer this?

I will also get email when I register right? For some reason this whole
email thing is just confusing me.

Thnx.


~Sly