Qu-ax Trials Uni

Does anyone know any information about the 20" Qu-ax Trials unicycle with splined hub? Is the hub any good, and is it worth buying?

if you mean the one on www.municycle.com it is ment to be great I am up grading my yuni with the hub after crimbo.the hub/cranks are a steal at £80 where as the kh is £140 the onza coming in at £120 i have to pay £10 for shiping but still it’s a bargin.i can say ant thing for the uni but it looks fairly standard trial uni material the yellow kh matches the hub all in all a nice uni.if you get it tell me how good it is as i want to get it’s big muni bro.

one of the guys in our club just got one…go for it!

Hello! I just LOVE to resurrect dusty old threads. Anyway, I ordered a 2005 Quax trials unicycle and it should arrive within a few days now. I will make a detailed review of it and will post it here in the unicycle reviews forum.

Definately get one!!! there superb and way cheaper then a KH or Onza. same to me?

it certainly sounds like qu-axs are the way to go. i’m gonna order one soon, and i’ll see how it goes.

kinda heavy but amazing defiantly get one its worth it i love mine

I have tried both the Qu-ax trials and the KH trials. The Qu-ax is a very sturdy unicycle, and the only two differences between the two that are really noticeable are:

1. the frame isnt flat on the Qu-ax, but it has a flat knob. The KH frame is entirely flat, and I found this easier for 1 footed skills. Not that big of a deal.

2. the Qu-ax is a great deal heavier than the KH.

Edit: I was comparing the two brands because they are the only two trials unicycles I have extensively tried. I realize that this was not the main question by the author of this thread, but I hope it will help.

Qu-ax are alsome

Ya I think qu-ax are pretty sweet…Ive had mine now for about a week and I love it!:slight_smile:

If you can afford it go for the KH as it is lighter and tougher and will be worth the money in the long run.
If however you are working to a certain amount then there ain’t much better than that qu-ax for the price and you can always replace and upgrade bits as you progress.

The cranks on the Qu-Ax are a bit long at 145 mm though, unless you primarily do trials. Good luck at finding any replacement sizes other than 170 mm anywhere.

The Onza cranks are a tiny bit shorter at 140 mm and costs $127 more. But you have a wide variety in redily available replacement crank sizes. Also I’ve heard it’s a bit lighter than the Qu-Ax.

But if you have the money a KH is definately the way to go.

in on municycle.com and unicycle.co.uk the KH moment is cheaper than the qu-ax. But surely the qu-ax hub makes a strionger wheel cause its a 48 spoke?

haha
i VERY HIGHLY doubt it
but maybe
KH has drilled rims too

The Qu-ax is quite good. heavier but also stronger than most other unis!
It’s really hard to break a QA.

Buy it, it’s “a friend for life”:wink:

Qu Ax hub and cranks have never been bent or broken, kh and onza have been not by many but they have been, joe hodges rode the qu ax cranks quite hard he said and didnt bend them.

also i found qu ax cranks a bit long i think there a bit longer than 140 because onza aee 140 and dont seem long at all, so i got 127 cranks from qu ax which are good length quite short good for street

The Qu-Ax is one of the best unicycles out there, the yellow hub + cranks are bomb proof. Like Lucas says they’ve never been broken or bent, while I know Marco bent Koxx cranks, myself, I bent 2 sets of KH cranks (the first in 2 weeks, the second in 2 days), Mike snapped his KH cranks and lots of others have as well. The Qu-Ax unicycle is slightly heavier, but the weight doesn’t matter than much and it’s a damn good unicycle for a damn good price. The rim has been improved, there were some comments on the last one, so it’s deffinatly a godo buy.

i have one…its a great unicycle. A Tad heavy but thats okay. How do you pronounce Qu-Ax…does anyone know ? lol

I got one for sale look HERE

Que-Axe is what the bloke on the phone said to me haha and I asked about the “Quarx” unicycle lol and he said do you mean the “Que-Axe?” I was like achem yes thats the one :wink:

Does anyone notice that this thread is 3 1/2 years old?