Qu-Ax tire

I just got a Qu-Ax and I was wondering should I keep the big fat tire or get another trials tire? This one is pretty heavy and I DOnt know if it will the affect the big hops i will eventualy be doing.

Hi Robbo! As far as I know you can’t really go wrong with tyres -they’ll all pretty much cope with a lot of abuse.

If you really want to spend some money on improving your uni you might want to consider buying a new tyre but it will only make your ride slightly lighter.

Hope this helps
AndyC
(andeakcuzz@hotmail.com)

ive got the same problem and the quax tire is too soft so it will be worn down quite quick.

somewhere I read “loose the maxis, get a luna!” and I think its true…

Maxxis:

Positive:
Grippy

Negative:
Wears down quickly

Luna:

Positive:
Lasts for ages

Negative:
Folding at sidehops

P.S. Yup

The maxxis is much worse with folding on sidehops, Luna hardly folds at all. I don’t notice much differance with the grip either. I think the only advantage of the maxxis is that it’s lighter.

Well, as far as the hopping goes, any tire will pretty much do. If you think of yourself as a 75kg person, 200 grams more or less on your tire won’t make a difference. Also, I have the ‘standard’ (Qu-ax supplies 20" trial uni’s with both Lunas and Maxxis CCs) Maxxis tire, and can jump 29" pretty good. Thanks for the extra 4 odd inches in stable jump height go to Ryan Atkins for a few pointers on my technique :wink: