Qu-Ax 24" Cross Vs Nimbus 24" Muni

Hi,

I’ve been unicycling for a bout a month now on my Qu-Ax profi and loving it. However, I want to venture into Muni.

I’m kind of torn between the Qu-Ax 24" Cross: http://www.einradladen.net/shop/show_product.php/cPath/1_72/products_id/91

And the Nimbus 24" Muni: http://www.unicycle.uk.com/shop/shopdisplayproduct.asp?catalogid=1024

Are they roughly suitable for the same purposes? I don’t have much cash to spare and won’t be doing huge drops so think ISIS hubs would be fine.

Can anyone give me any advice?

Cheers,

Matt

make sure you get an isis hub, both cycles are similar, but i would definitely go with the nimbus.
(the quax ad is a little confusing, is it isis or not??) they’re similar quality, but that’s my recommendation, and it’s less money too!

The nimbus is stronger, and stronger is always better, so get that.

Cheers,

Sounds like there are quite a few Nimbus fans on here so think I’ll go with that…although I’ve just had to buy new glasses which has set back my uni buying a bit!

But when I can, I’ll be Nimbus-ing it up through the hills of Scotland!

Cheers,

Sounds like there are quite a few Nimbus fans on here so think I’ll go with that…although I’ve just had to buy new glasses which has set back my uni buying a bit!

But when I can, I’ll be Nimbus-ing it up through the hills of Scotland!

I have a Qu-Ax 24" Cross, and I think it’s a great Unicycle. I have done some hectic single track MUni with it already and it really stands up to the abuse. Just for info I currently weigh 100kg’s (220 pounds) and the Cross is going strong :slight_smile:

The Qu-Ax is ISIS.

I do think the Qu-Ax cross is prettier, but apparantly less upgradable than the Nimbus.

Ye, I thought the Cross was ISIS. What isn’t made clear by anyone (including UDC) is whether the yellow hubbed Qu-Ax Muni is ISIS. Can anyone shed any light on that?

The new Qu-Ax MUni is ISIS as far as I can see from their info, Qu-Ax 24" MUni.

As for upgrading the Qu-Ax Cross, the parts that you may want to upgrade you can, Cranks, Seat, Seat Post, Pedals. You could even replace the rim if you wanted to, however you may as well then just buy the Yellow Hub MUni.

I don’t know the Nimbus and have never ridden one so can’t comment on it. But I do think that the Qu-Ax is a great Unicycle.

All Quax hubs are ISIS now. Theres just the colour that makes the difference.

Red = Cross

Yellow = Trials or Muni

And the yellow hub is stronger than the red one, but both are pretty strong.

Coolness, thanks. Think I’m leaning more towards just putting that little bit extra in and getting the Qu-Ax yellow hubbed muni. But really have no money at the moment so I’ve still got loads of time to think about it.

Cheers everyone.